PDA

View Full Version : 2000-2250 2 dragons

soulstealer666
05-04-2008, 23:13
right before we get started i dont have the book and i dont know even if i will do this, i just want to know if its even viable, cool ect

price w/ star dragon 100 points of wargear any sujestions

dragon mage w/ gardian phoenix and a d scroll

10 archers

10 archers

5 dragon princes
full command

5 dragon princes
full command

5 dragon princes
full command

RBT

RBT

an i too few or over points will it work ect any help would be awesome

cheers

soulstealer

Be Afraid
05-04-2008, 23:32
meybe abit under, altho no point too dragon price champions . . .

wouldnt be mych good though :P

Ptolémée
06-04-2008, 13:32
Haha, fun list :P
Mmmmh...Why not drop the Full command of your DP, and add 5 DP ?

brambleten
06-04-2008, 14:21
for the prince i would suggest armour of caledor (unimprovable 2+ sv), vambraces of defence (4+ ward with re-rollable armour saves) then a basic lance

i make the list, if using the prince config above and the dragon mage at lvl 2, 2056 pts. i would advise, if you wanted to lower the points, taking champions off the dragon princes, so that would save 60 points, taking you to the limit. if you wanted to go up, put in magic items on the DP champs or add in an eagle or 2

Ptolémée
06-04-2008, 16:51
Oh, for the prince:
Vambraces of defence + armour of caledor + lance is good, and you can add an amulette of light.
Other combos:
- Armour of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix, Gem of Hoeth = Boost your magical defence.
- Searer Bow (= Hit of Bolt Thrower), Armour of caledor (or guardian phoenix), Amulette of Light.
- Star lance, armour of caledor, Guardian phoenix.

If you take the guardian phoenix, drop the guardian phoenix on your dragon mage, for add a second dispel scroll?

Good luck !

brambleten
06-04-2008, 17:24
Oh, for the prince:
Vambraces of defence + armour of caledor + lance is good, and you can add an amulette of light.

i was thinking amulet of fire, but that gives you 2 talismans, but it would protect your dragon from fire and give you some extra magic.

amulet of light is a good idea with the new VCs about and all the ethereal stuff which needs to be killed. even better that it makes the dragons attacks magical as well :)

NovaHawk
06-04-2008, 18:53
looks like a very cool list, will probably struggle in competitive games though

maybe add some fast cavalry to get flank charges?

Ptolémée
06-04-2008, 19:35
but it would protect your dragon from fire
The armour of caledor protects your dragon from fire.This armour is a dragon armor too. And, if you read the dragon armor, you can see that protect of fire...Understand? My english is baad :(

brambleten
06-04-2008, 20:05
no, your english is fine. i completely forgot that the armour of caledor is dragon armour. i rearly come up against fire so i just use good old heavy armour. besides, my armour of caledor is usually on my Phoenix Guard champ to turn him into a challenge monster. 2+ AS and 4+ Ward go very well together :)

soulstealer666
07-04-2008, 01:49
thanks guys for all of the replys

ive been looking around some of the other forums and some of them think that useing a arch mage instead of a price in combo with a dragon mage would be good, imo its alot of magic and could be slightly more compeditve any sujestions? good, bad, just plain silly???

if i do take a prince the combos that have been sujested sound realy good (tryed and true im assuming)

no champs you say... ok sounds good i wasnt sure how much they cost. but at 20pnts EACH i think ill pass are there good banners that i should take, i know war banners are good but what else is there???

fast caverly... cool it is another option to consider are they specail or core choices???

thanks again

soulstealer

Machiavelli
07-04-2008, 07:40
For wargear, the combination that works looks like this: Armour of Caledor, Vambrace of Defence adn a slance, or helberd, or whatever.
This is more than perfect. 2+ armour save that can be re-rolled with 4+ ward save???
Your dragon mage is going to die so let's keep the other one alive.

brambleten
07-04-2008, 10:28
remember, you can only take one war banner. the staff at my GW think you can take as many as you have units, but thats not the case. the fast cavalry are specials, although you have plenty of space for them because its an elf army. stick with the Prince, he is more likely to earn his points back, even if i do run a list with mage on moon dragon. you can never have too much magic, but i think its best saved for 3k. maybe consider turning the archers into lothern sea guard if you have the points, then they will give you shooting and a solid defence, due to the spears. give them shields as well, for the 5+ save

soulstealer666
07-04-2008, 21:18
sweet so pricne it is then,

with armour of calador and a vambrace of defense sounds like the safest way to go (and then once ive got the basics then we can go to more diffrent items) and a lace or halberd, both have good pros and cons, well will play with them and see what happens, i think this could be vaible and fun to play so here gose i think... another army *sigh* lol

so what numbers shouold i take for the sea gard (numbers of units and unit sizes)

brambleten
08-04-2008, 20:13
i would guess take 2 units, so they fill your core choices, then units of 10 if you want them to shoot from hills or just be basic sized so you have points for other things. if you want them to be effective, i would say 15 or 18 (3 ranks of 5/6 for combat, or 1/ 2 ranks for shooting, so you get the most out of them.) i would say no more than 21 guys to a unit though (thats 3 ranks of 7 that can fight! (if charged))