PDA

View Full Version : Night Goblin first Draft.

stonehorse
05-04-2008, 23:00
Here is my first draft of my Night Goblin army... I expect this to go through many changes.

Here are the guide lines I want to stick to.

-Only Night Goblin Characters
-Only Night Goblin units
-No Special Characters
-No Warmachines
-No Giants... Night Goblins are too weedy to capture/subdue them.
-The army isn't geared to win, but to have fun... Night Goblins armies are meant to bring both players an attack of giggles.

Night Goblin Lord, Shield, Martog's Best Basha, Armour of Gork, Bigged's Kickin' Boots.

Night Goblin Hero, Light Armour, Battle Standard Bearer, Bad Moon On A Stick.

Night Goblin Shaman, Extra Level, 2 Dispell Scrolls.

Night Goblin Shaman, Extra Level, 5 Magic Mushrooms

30 Night Goblins, Spears, 3 Fanatics, Full Command

30 Night Goblins, Spears, 3 Fanatics, Full Command

20 Night Goblins, Spears, 3 Fanatics, Full Command

25 Night Goblins, Bows, 3 Fanatics, Full Command

20 Night Goblins, Bows 3 Fanatics, Full Command

5 Night Goblin Squig Hoppers

5 Night Goblin Squig Hoppers

Night Goblin Squig Heard, X 5

3 Trolls

3 Trolls

2,000pts on the nose!

I'm wearing flame proof clothing so please be as honset as you want with the feedback.

Gimp
05-04-2008, 23:24
Seems like a good list only got a few problems

1) with only leadership 7 (general) your 6 Trolls are gonna suffer

2) swap the bad moon on a stick to the banner that lets you re-roll panic tests with-in 12 which is far more useful for night goblins

and only a few problems with fluff

1) you can use the Night Goblin hero which is fun and useful (leadership 8 nmakes trolls more useful)

2) if you really wanna be fluffy make the trolls Mountain Trolls (night goblins live in caves after all)

3) Night Goblins dont capture Giants Orges do. On average the Giants join the Goblins on their own free will so its in the bounds of fluff to add one into your army.

Well good luck and good night

Gimp
05-04-2008, 23:25
one last thing

on the unit with 25 goblins drop the bows.

2 units with bows is enough. 3 units is overbored.

Arguleon-veq
06-04-2008, 14:35
Yeah Id also suggest Skarsnik, although If you want to run your own Gobbo Lord then I'd suggest the Horn of +1 Ld, it will come in very handy and its bound power level is quite high.

Personally I'd go with a Great Shaman if you arent concerned with running off.

With only 2 Shamans I'd give one the Staff on Sneaky Stealin and the other the Staff of Sorcery and the Itty Ring. A combo that has always worked for me, its great defensively and decent on the offense.

I'd just run 2 units of bows at 20 with just a musician in each then maybe 2 fanatics [or 1] in those units.

Your spare points can get you an extra 5 squig herds.

Swap Spears for Hand Weps and Shields.

Make your Hoppers 6-7 Strong for Max attacks [points saved for that above].

Personally, I use an Orc Big Boss as my general for his Ld, he is just my Night Gobbo Great Shamans dim witted bodyguard.

Cortomaltese
06-04-2008, 20:51
i suggest to drop spears in all units.. u can swap them for netters which proved to be quite useful agaisnt S3 enemies,or for more gobbos..
then put only 2 fanatics in each infantry unit and only 1 in bowgobbos, maybe use points for more infantry: i use 30-strong units for HtH, and 20 for shooting.
drop stendards and maybe champions too (them are all quite waste of points) and try just 2-3 herds in the unit, and 3 units of 7-10 hoppers as special choiche..
usually herds are funnier and more threatening when they explode!