PDA

View Full Version : Bugman's Tankard

Ironbreaker
06-04-2008, 01:38
I'd like to get this rule clarified, please.

Bugman's Tankard states that "any model" may be refreshed and regain one wound.
My understanding is that models who lose all their wounds are simply unfit for battle and are not necessarily dead. Therefore, it is fair to assume that a Dwarf is able to drink from the Tankard and find the strength to rejoin the fray if they had been removed earlier.
For example, if Bugman was in a unit of 10 Longbeards Rangers and 2 were lost in close combat earlier in the game, he would be able to use his Tankard at the start of a turn (movement phase) and regain one model as its wound has been restored and one in the next.

Other people say that this is wrong and that since they have lost all their wounds, rank and file models may not be regenerated. If this is true I don't really see the point as how likely are you to have both Bugman and another character in the one unit?

I can understand that it may seem too strong to restore a model of 11+ points but unless it's a Champion, it'll only really count for rank forming, surely?

06-04-2008, 01:43
only models with more then 1 wound. I don't have the page but if they go below 1 wound they are removed from game.

Ironbreaker
06-04-2008, 02:17
Ah, thanks.
Makes the tankard quite useless then.

Griefbringer
06-04-2008, 05:48
I do not have the new dwarf book, but cannot Bugman use the tankard on himself too?

WLBjork
06-04-2008, 09:18
Yep.

Or, best of all, the White Dwarf on Shield Bearers - now that's where the tankard comes in handy :evilgrin:

T10
06-04-2008, 10:13
Or, if sticking to just the Dwarf book, Bugman can join Thorgrim Grudgebearer and his boys and make sure that the Dwarf Sleigher never dies.

-T10

ehlijen
06-04-2008, 11:13
Yes, the regen thing is his least useful ability. It's nice whenever you get the option to use it, but he's good even without it.