PDA

View Full Version : Crumbling and Combat Resolution

Jagosaja
06-04-2008, 09:51
Can I take Regeneration save against wounds suffered from CR?

Regeneration works as a ward save, with exceptions which are of no value in this case, but still is not a ward save, so it makes me a little confused.

Bushi Artist
06-04-2008, 10:09
The Vampire Counts rules do allow both ward saves and regeneration to be taken against both CR and the death of the general. It only prevents armour saves.

If you meant for Tomb Kings then itís a different story, I donít think any saves are allowed there.

Hope that helps you :)

T10
06-04-2008, 10:10
The type of unit that counts as Unbeakable Swarms cannot take any kind of saves against these wounds.

-T10

highelfmage
06-04-2008, 20:56
you can take regeneration in vamp army. u cant do it if the would die from the combat res. for example, if the corpse cart takes 5 wounds from combat than no regeneration. read the vamp book under crumbling.

theunwantedbeing
06-04-2008, 20:58
Vamps dont get regeneration vs crumble?
Really?
well that changes EVERYTHING

WLBjork
06-04-2008, 21:07
I'll confirm that VCs are only denied armour saves against wounds caused by Combat Resolution/loss of the General. Ward and Regeneration saves are perfectly acceptable.

highelfmage, I should point out here that there is no section in the Vampire Counts Army Book entitled "Crumbling".

SuperBeast
06-04-2008, 22:40
Seconded.
There's nothing that states such in the vamp book.

The question is whether or not combat res wounds count as a single 'hit' or not.
Because that determines whether or not you get multiple regeneration rolls against it.

The fact it can mangle R&F would suggest no it isn't, because otherwise you couldn't kill more than 1 trooper...

Jagosaja
07-04-2008, 10:34
So, does it mean that if Varghulf suffers more wounds than he has from CR, and than saves enough by resurrecting, he is still alive?

SuperBeast
07-04-2008, 11:28
So, does it mean that if Varghulf suffers more wounds than he has from CR, and than saves enough by resurrecting, he is still alive?
Yes.
Each point of CR damage is, in effect, a single 1 wound hit.
Varghulf will get it's regen against each.
If the failed saves exceed the varghulf's remaining wounds, it's dead. (Again?)

Just to note, the bizarre 'I've taken a gazillion wounds but I've saved 1 so I'm still alive' element of regeneration no longer exists.
Regen is now simply an additional ward save against HITS, not wounds.
E.g. 1 attack doing 2 wounds = 1 regeneration save, not 2.

Gazak Blacktoof
07-04-2008, 13:18
Yes.
Regen is now simply an additional ward save against HITS, not wounds.
E.g. 1 attack doing 2 wounds = 1 regeneration save, not 2.

That's the same as a ward save then?

theunwantedbeing
07-04-2008, 13:29
Not quite the same as you get both regeneration and any ward save you may have.
But it works in the exact same manner, except it gets negated by flaming attacks.

Gazak Blacktoof
07-04-2008, 13:52
Yeah, that's what I thought. It looked like superbeast was alluding to some other difference with the way his post was written.

warlord hack'a
07-04-2008, 13:53
so yes you now can have three layers of saves on one model: normal ones, ward saves and then the regeneration save.

Now all I need is a way to make the attacks of my goblin big boss with one hit wunda and tricksy trinket flaming to get rid off all three saves in one go..