PDA

View Full Version : space wolves codex question

sing Sang a song
06-04-2008, 16:23
well i got space wolves battle force to start my own "blood hounds" chapter which will use space wolves' rule. And my question is should i buy the codex or just wait untill GW updates the codex?

malkkis
06-04-2008, 16:42
According the rumours, new codex is released 2009, so if you got the money go ahead and buy if you find one(discounts and antiquarian bookshops are sometimes great places). I know I couldn't wait to the next year, if I were you.

Aesir
06-04-2008, 20:24
One of the staff at my local GW who plays SW said that we could expect a new codex and models in November.

Long_Fang
06-04-2008, 20:52
Or you could simply use the regular marine codex with some special traits to represent your blood hounds chapter?

Reaver83
06-04-2008, 21:55
if you like the rules and don't object to the fact it's probably only going to last 24 months max go for it

Grimtuff
06-04-2008, 22:17
Why are you looking for a "word of God" answer from a random Internet forum? Surely you have your own opinion on this issue.

Sceleris82
06-04-2008, 22:44
I think its a very legit and good question, so i don't see any reason to be rude towards him. As he said, he is only looking for a oppenion not a "word from god".

Anyways back on topic, i would buy the old Codex, reason being that you can still make a descent list with it, and its always nice to have all the codexes you can get about your army, both for fluff and to get a better "feel" for your army.

FlyingViking
06-04-2008, 22:59
Well, you'll need the SM codex anyway, as the SW isn't a standalone codex at the moment. The SW codex is only 5 ($10?), which is about the cost of one Long Fang, so no great investment.
It's a useable list, but you might suffer in tournaments if that's your aim, as they're overpriced compared to newer SM chapter rules. if you're in it for a friendly game, then definitely go with the SW codex, as it's a different flavour to regular marines.

Drakon
07-04-2008, 01:25
Do it. Get your blood hounds and then when the new codex eventually comes out just update your force.

If you start of with the basics like troops couple of HQ and some tanks your not going to be put out when the new codex comes out as your always going to need these options.

UncleCrazy
07-04-2008, 01:57
I would not use traits, because the new SM codex is going to be out this summer. And from what I heard Codex SW will be the next Marine codex out after if. So maybe late this year early next year would be the guess.

Chem-Dog
07-04-2008, 02:52
Get the SW codex, as FlyingViking said, even if you end up using traits marines or stand-in DA or BA list I would say it's worth the pennies just for the little bit of inspiration you might get from it.

sing Sang a song
08-04-2008, 00:26
oh codex is only $10? i thought it was $22.., and grimtuff im high school student who is playing this game by working all my weekend! i wanted to know if it was essential to buy the codex, because i would rather get more models than something i had to change it, in short period of time.

KeeganKatastrofee
08-04-2008, 00:33
oh codex is only $10? i thought it was $22.., and grimtuff im high school student who is playing this game by working all my weekend! i wanted to know if it was essential to buy the codex, because i would rather get more models than something i had to change it, in short period of time.

codex's are definitly essential if your playing any games.

Drakon
08-04-2008, 01:42

cant do anything without the codex and its always good to have previous ones for painting tips and FLUFF.