PDA

View Full Version : Squiqs, and bouncing.

flytail
19-04-2005, 22:34
I'm unsure about two things when squigs go bouncing:

1) I roll 2d6 plus the directional die. If a cross-hairs comes up does that mean they stay in place? Perhaps I missed that one.

2) Suppose you roll 2d6, and the direction die. The movement would take you right into a unit, but the total distance bounced would take you over the unit. Do you stop and hit the unit, then bounce off, or just imagine the squig bouncing over the unit?

3) It says to refer to the "template" when a squig hits a unit. I looked that up, however I'm unclear on the specific meaning of this "template" hitting. Does this just mean that the squig can attack people in combat? That's what I gathered.

samael
20-04-2005, 08:40
1. there's a little arrow in the crosshairs, follow that.

2. You do the full bounce so you coul easily jump over an unit.

The operative word is Bounce,So they jump high in the air and land.

3 Not sure what you mean here, but a squig that lands in contact with an enemy unit attacks and jumps on again, he can't be attacked back.

Forgotmytea
20-04-2005, 10:28
I'm not sure about the template - as far as I know, there's never a template for squigs, but if a squig lands in base contact with a unit, he immedietly makes his attacks (even though it's the movement phase) and then jumps off another 2D6 in a random direction. This does mean that he can attack multiple units in one turn, including the Ork and gobbo units. To kill Mr. Squig, just either charge him (he'll die automatically) or shoot him. Or just wait fo a fanatic to plough through him, or for the greenie player to roll a double....

Atrahasis
20-04-2005, 12:02
The reference to a template means that if fighting models from either side are touched by the squig, then the hits are split equally between the units, randomising any odd hits.

If the squig lands in the rear ranks away from the actual combat, only the unit the squig actually lands in will be hit.

flytail
20-04-2005, 20:37
Ok thanks everyone for the help on the squigs.

warlord hack'a
24-04-2005, 22:06
I don't think squigs die when you roll a double, fanatics do. But I can not find my O&G book so I'm not 100% sure.

Atrahasis
24-04-2005, 23:50
I don't think squigs die when you roll a double, fanatics do. But I can not find my O&G book so I'm not 100% sure.

Both Squigs and Fanatics die on a double.

warlord hack'a
25-04-2005, 07:31
yes you are correct (found my rulebook again), they explode in mid air because of getting overenthusiastic. Well this makes squigs even less useless than they already are (in my opinion), nut I have some just for the painting fun..

Forgotmytea
25-04-2005, 12:09
I'm relatively sure you mean, "more useless than they already are". And besides, when comparing them to Gobbos in my all NG army, Squigs seem like Rieksguard knights! Besides, it's all in there for the comedy value.... :D