PDA

View Full Version : New Daemons and 'Counts As'

MalusCalibur
06-04-2008, 17:09
Hi all,

I've been eagerly following the daemon rumours for some time, and though the new rules and models seem great, I'm running into a little bit a problem when planning my future daemon army.

Some of you may be familiar with my Spidermaidens (see my project log, if not). Those were originally concieved under the HoC book rules for daemons, and so the mono-Slaanesh theme of an army of Mounted Daemonettes was possible and, in my eyes at least, formidable.
However, now, I can't see the same army structure working (based on what I know about the new book).

There's been a lot of discussion lately about the concept of 'counts as', and I've been thinking I could utitilise it to include some of the other units without sacrificing the Slaaneshi/insectoid centaur theme. For example, I have considered converting Daemonettes with scorpion bodies to use as Bloodcrushers.

Which brings me to my question. How would people feel about such use of 'counts as', in order to use the units of other gods but converted into a Slaanesh theme?

Thanks,

MalusCalibur

mrtn
06-04-2008, 17:16
I'm all for it. I know a guy that's making an all Tzeentch army with burning daemons using nurglings, flesh hounds and plaguebearers.

Sir Charles
06-04-2008, 17:22
I think that when done well it is a good way to show the variety of deamons that exists in the warp, which GW being constrained by having to balance multi as well as mono god lists and by only being able to include so much in anyone book was unable to do. It also works to liven up lists that would otherwise consist of just a spaming of one or two units, if one were to only use the "official" deamons for each god.

Lordsaradain
06-04-2008, 18:53
Sounds like a good idea. Will enable you to have a themed army without losing any of the options in the army. ;)

The_Warsmith
06-04-2008, 18:57
I'm all for it. I know a guy that's making an all Tzeentch army with burning daemons using nurglings, flesh hounds and plaguebearers.

i know a similar guy making an all nurgle army with fly-winged, single-eyed, squig-furies and giant flies for screamers