PDA

View Full Version : 500pts High Elves

NovaHawk
06-04-2008, 21:11
hey heres my 500pts high elves army for friendly games, which will be going up against lizardmen, vampire counts and goblins

Noble - Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield = 99pts

15 Spearmen - Full Command = 160pts

5 Silver Helms, Standard, Musician, Shields = 139pts

Repeater Bolt Thrower = 100pts

= 498pts

any ideas or improvements are much appreciated...

WhiteKnight
07-04-2008, 02:43
To be honest, this list isn't that great. You lack what High Elves need, magic. What I did was 1 bolt thrower, 2 units of 10 spearmen with no command, a lv 2 mage with jewel of the dusk and a dispel scroll. Then I used a great eagle for flanks. Maybe you can go 1 unit of 10 lothern sea guard with musician, 1 unit of 10 archers, 1 mage with dispel scroll, amulet of light, and Jewel of the Dusk, and a bolt thrower. That's exactly 500 points and it's pretty good at shooting.

Spyro35
07-04-2008, 13:14
First off, I'm a big fan of infantry styled combat so this is my opinion.

I dont think you can use a shield if you use great weapons. Therefore, thats 3pts to spare. Spearmen are great units, but since you're only playing 500 pts, you need to spread em out more imo. I would just take 10 LSGs with no command but give them shields. (thats 132pts)

Silverhelms are only great on the charge, afterwards they're garbage. Since you will be facing VCs, I'd suggest dropping them and turning them into 10 PGs, and give it a standard bearer. PGs b/c once again, VCs and the 4+ ward save can protect you from missile fire and what not. (162 pts)

Next I would field a group of 6 SMs as the elite cutting edge. This gives you exactly 20 pts for your lord to carry a dispel scroll. The dispel scroll will help you against VCs when they cast stuff out to try to overwhelm you. You have to be aggressive and take the fight to them. War of attrition will seriously hurt you. When not fighting VCs, drop the scroll, drop the heavy armor and take armor of caledor, giving you +2 armor save that cannot be improved.

So, if you were to go with my list, it'll look something like this.

Noble - Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Dispel Scroll = 116 pts
OR
Noble - Great Weapon, Armour of Caledor = 118 pts

10 LSG with shields = 130pts
10 PGs with standard bearer = 162 pts
6 SMs with no command = 90 pts

Total is 498 pts and 500 pts with respect to the order of the Noble you choose.

Or as suggested already, you can switch out the armor of caledor for amulet of light and heavy armor. I think you have enough points for that.
(ONLY USEFUL AGAINST VC)
Just my thoughts.

Ptolémée
07-04-2008, 16:33
Your noble can't take a Dispel Scroll.
I prefer the Noble with GW + Armour of Caledor.

Good list !

Have Fun :)

Pto'

NovaHawk
07-04-2008, 19:47
i know you cant use the shield with a great weapon but he comes equipped with a hand weapon so i thought that is allowed

i like the idea of the sea guard and elites list, might give that a try.. the swordmasters will get shot to kingdom come beofre getting there probly but maybe they wont

thanks for the suggestions