PDA

View Full Version : 180 Point challenge, are you man enough?

battle captain corpus
06-04-2008, 21:51
So...it snowed in London today! And as a bit of a laugh I introduced my flat mate to a quick game of LOTR. Not wanting to push the boat out we played 180 points apiece. The armies were:

~20 Wargs
vs
~5 Rangers of Gondor
~3 Knights of Gondor
~10 Men of MT (5 with spears)

What followed has got to be one of the most enjoyable and thrilling mini games I have ever played since HeroQuest! Hahaha! A simple take and hold mission descended into a massive brawl, with the table only being 30' by 30' there was little room for finesse. The best thing I found was that it just shows that LOTR is a superb skirmish game system. Ive been playing it now for around 2 years but who'd have thought that 180 points could be this much fun?!!
So, quick challenge, go out this week and play a 180 point game. No 33% archer rubbish either and dont do courage tests, just a quick 180 points if fun! See how it goes!
Post your lists too and we can all see how we go about it! :) Best of luck!

Dalamyr the Fleetmaster
06-04-2008, 23:04
thats sounds fantastic most of my friends want to play these massive games so yeah i'll enjoy that

TheNZer
07-04-2008, 05:15
Good for you man!

One of the Great aspects of LOTR is the fact that it's a great skirmish game the rules make it much funner (is that a word :D,) than a 40K 180pts game.