PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point New Daemonic Legion

oCoYoRoAoKo
06-04-2008, 23:46
Hi all, as you all know, the new daemon book is out in a couple of weeks and so im trying to adapt my current Slaanesh SoC Legion list to the new layout. the following points values are the closest i can get with both the current rumours and from what i can remember from my (brief) reading of the book:

Keeper of Secrets: 600 (ish)
Lvl4, Siren

Herald of Tzeentch: 165
Lvl 2, Power Vortex

Herald of Tzeentch: 165
Lvl 2, Power Vortex

10 Daemonettes: 120

5 Mounted Daemonettes: 120

3 Fiends of Slaanesh: 165 (ish)
3 Fiends of Slaanesh: 165 (ish)

Total PD: 8 + 4 pool
Total DD: 6

Right, as you can see there is alot of speed in the list, with the main premise to nip round the enemies flanks and use double charges to my advantage (the new KoS has M10, along with the mounted daemonettes and the Fiends). the job of the 2 Tzeentch heralds is to provide extra DD and 2 extra pool dice (the effect of Power vortex) to fuel the KoS, and to just be a nuisance to my opponent - yeah, i know, "Tzeentch daemons in a Slaanesh list! An outrage!" - at least theyre not Khorne :P. For the stats of fiends, check out the current SoC pleasureseekers and add armor piercing. the daemonettes are there mostly just to mop up :D

the army comes to about 1980 points at my current estimate, leaving 20 points to play with.

oh, and BTW, the effect of siren is the following:

Once per battle the target enemy unit must declare a charge on the model (in this case being the KoS) or flee as if it had failed panic test.

what do you think?

Cy.

SilverWarlock
07-04-2008, 00:03
well, ignoring the tzeentch heralds being out of theme:

that Keeper is 595 points

the Fiends are exactly 165 points

I am unsure about 3 Fiends, they arent great heavy cav and aren't as mobile as seekers (Mounted demonettes under a new name).

You seem to be using the Tzeentch to power up the keeper, just bear in mind that you don't want 600 points to miscast and the tzeentch lore isn't all that great, also they are weak in combat and add no bonus to your slaaneshi units.

You aren't using the huge Slaanesh psychology assets either (the keeper has a few things that cause tests, the magic can too, not to mention the banner of despair and The Masque).

Don't get me wrong, this is a good list and can do very well, I just don't think it is optimal on the performance or the theme side (which means at a tournament you might get docked comp without gaining efficiency).

Feel free to comment on my slaanesh list (I just posted it)

oCoYoRoAoKo
07-04-2008, 00:13
thanks for the reply and clarification on the points costs. on the topic of fiends, ive been using pleasureseekers for ages and theyve never done me wrong (usually, i try to go for a unit of them in the front with some seekers in the flank). ive taken a look at your list and i quite like your hero set-up:

Herald of Slaanesh: level 1, Steed of Slaanesh, Battle Standard Bearer, Banner of despair, Allure of Slaanesh, Siren Song 315 points

The Masque 90 points

i may have to pinch that at some point :P (which i can easily do, if i swap out the 2 Tzeentch heralds for the Slaanesh Herald and find 50 points from somewhere)

Cy.

SilverWarlock
07-04-2008, 00:39
also fluffier with those characters

as stated I am not sold on fiends but if it works for you, sure.

oCoYoRoAoKo
07-04-2008, 16:50
OK, heres what i got:

Keeper of Secrets: 595
Lvl4, Siren

Herald of Slaanesh: 315
level 1, Steed of Slaanesh, Battle Standard Bearer, Banner of despair, Allure of Slaanesh, Siren

The Masque: 90

3 Fiends of Slaanesh: 165
2 Fiends of Slaanesh: 110

the loss of a fiend is only temporary untill i get the book and can see specifically where i can trim the points.

what do you think?

Cy.

SilverWarlock
07-04-2008, 17:09
Keeper (450) level 4 (120) (level 3 would be 85, level 2 is 35), siren (25)

Herald (90) steed (25) level 1 (50) BSB (25) Allure (25) siren (25) banner of despair (75)

I don't have the book so this is all off the net but from reliable sources who have the book.

If a Moderator has a problem with it, please get rid of it (though I don't see the issue given the book isnt out so this is still technically a rumor and I don't own a book to break copyright from).

Otherwise looking good.

oCoYoRoAoKo
07-04-2008, 17:16
thanks again warlock, i may end up trimming the keeper to lvl3 and dropping allure on the herald (though admittedly i dont want to :P ). i think ill test it like that and also with teh 2 fiends in 1 unit to see how they go.

Cy.

SilverWarlock
07-04-2008, 20:48
any ideas on a model for that BSB?

Mounted demonettes I have (enough for my list at least) and I can figure a count as banner in there, but the BSB should be rather more imposing ...

maybe a demonette on a helion disk or something (my main problem is the mount, the boobworm doesnt fit on a cavalry base and the seeker mounts have a seeker stuck to them).

I might look into confrontation models ... though not technically legal in GW tournies I don't think they will give me a hard time for 1 model when they don't sell a version of it.

oCoYoRoAoKo
08-04-2008, 08:31
incedentally, im working on a model for that at the moment. ill try to get some pics up when its finished.

Cy.

SilverWarlock
08-04-2008, 16:54
my conversion skills are decent, but I don't seem to have a base model.

I also really like rackham models in general :p.

here are some of my ideas:
http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique_us/fiche_produit.cfm?type=773&ref=FRCYCH05&code_lg=lg_us&pag=1&num=38

http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique_us/fiche_produit.cfm?type=695&ref=FRCYSP03&code_lg=lg_us&pag=1&num=38

or this on a disk:

http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique_us/fiche_produit.cfm?type=745&ref=FRSCFI02&code_lg=lg_us&pag=1&num=4

or this other one, but it screams rackham so loud I would be scared to bring it to tournaments:

http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique_us/fiche_produit.cfm?type=55&ref=FRSCPE01&code_lg=lg_us&pag=1&num=4

Your Mum Rang
08-04-2008, 17:23
Slaanesh troops are pure garbage, especially Daemonettes. Believe me I've tried and you will struggle.

It's a rock paper scissors army. Anything with ITP and armour will destroy you. Anything weak and low LD will be eaten. It's a shame cos the SLaanehs models are gorgeous!

SilverWarlock
08-04-2008, 18:58
As I posted on the demonic legions, I will be fighting an uphill battle and find the challenge only makes it better.

I could post up my old list, which had all the disadvantages of the current slaanesh demon list without a lot of the advantages.

I strongly encourage taking up the challenge of using a weaker themed list than the optimal build.

Oh, and I play only tournaments, so it's not a question of disliking competitive gaming.

and please tell me what you think on those models for a BSB herald

oCoYoRoAoKo
08-04-2008, 19:33
i definately think the first of the models you posted is the best fit.

Your Mum Rang: i strongly disagree here, the new ability for daemonettes to hit almost everything on 3s (yay, WS5) and two attacks means that in an average round of combat against your average 4+ armor, T3 model (yay for not being 40k where T4 is the norm) will generally result in at least a couple of kills. that combined with the hellish speed of nearly all of the rest of the list for flank charges (negating that all important +3 rank modifier), and their couple of kills = a won combat. fiends, with 4 attacks a piece, s4 and armor piercing will usually be enough to cause at least a couple of wounds on even the most heavily armored of opponents (chaos warriors for example will be hit on 3s, wounded on 4s, with a -2 save modifier. from 3 seekers that equals 2 dead warriors on average, with the rest hitting back on 4s and wounding on 4s with my 5+ ward). remember, in warhammer, manouverability is king and thankfully slaanesh troops has that in spades.

Cy.