PDA

View Full Version : Settra Army option.

JayMack
07-04-2008, 05:09
I'm pretty certain that this is just grasping at straws. But in the Tomb Kings army book under Settra's rules it states that he can't take any liche priests. But it doesn't say anything about Liche High Priests. The entry itself doesn't say can't take liche priests AND liche high priests nor does it say lich priests of any kind. Of course, this would only matter in a game of 4000 pts+. But I raise the issue none the less!

Nurgling Chieftain
07-04-2008, 07:02
Here, have a straw. ;)

Kordos
07-04-2008, 08:35
Here, have a straw. ;)

I drink your milkshake

Seriously just to clarify If you take Settra you can't take liche priests of any sort

The Poisoned Dwarf
07-04-2008, 19:07
I beg to differ. I doesnt say you cannot take any priest of any sort, just priests. If you couldnt take high priests at all you would have to rely on the item that regened wounds to get models back in a unit and you would end up with a shockingly poor VC list on your hands. Kill settra and your army crumbles in 3 turns tops.

Kordos
07-04-2008, 22:05
I beg to differ. I doesnt say you cannot take any priest of any sort, just priests. If you couldnt take high priests at all you would have to rely on the item that regened wounds to get models back in a unit and you would end up with a shockingly poor VC list on your hands. Kill settra and your army crumbles in 3 turns tops.

I'm sorry but thats just wishful thinking

When you have settra in your army he is the general and hierophant and he also can use incantations like a liche high priest can, he also has a special version of my will be done making it more flexible and he's aint have bad in combat too

redrum
07-04-2008, 22:51

I don't see how not having any liche priests would afect your VC army at all. :evilgrin:

theunwantedbeing
07-04-2008, 23:03
High priests and normal priests are still liche priests.
Plus you can get a rather obscene number of incantations cast in an army with settra, so it's not really an issue.

Settra is quite broken with the new legendary battles scenario that you can use.