PDA

View Full Version : My first 1000 pt O&G list

redrum
07-04-2008, 20:22
Well I decided to try out an O&G army. I picked up the BFSP set and a few extra pieces and this is what I can put together at 1000 pts. I'll be playing this against either High Elves or Ogres. This list is geared towards HE's, I'd have to change some of the equipment to fight Ogres. Please let me know what you think. I know the absence of Dispell scrolls could be a real problem, I'm hoping the staff of sneaky stealing can make up for that a bit. Also I know it's a little character heavy but I have a limited selection of models right now. Something that will be remedied soon much to the chagrin of my bank account.

Thanks for looking, I look forward to your feedback.

Heroes
Black Orc Big Boss, Boar, Martog's Best Basha, Warboss Imbad's Iron Gnasha', Shield, Heavy Armor (154)
Night Goblin Big Boss, The Horn of Urgok, Sneaky Skewer, light armor, shield (84)
Night Goblin Shaman, Lvl 2, Staff of Sneaky Stealin' (135)

Core
Night Goblins-19 (General goes here), standard bearer, musician, 1 Fanatic (94)
Night Goblins-19 (Goblin Big Boss here), standard bearer, musician, 2 Fanatics (119)
Night Goblins-20 (Shaman goes here), Short Bows, Musician (64)
Forest Goblin Spider Riders-5 Short bows, musician (76)
Forest Goblin Spider Riders-5 Short bows, musician (76)

Special
Orc Boar Chariot (80)
Spear Chukka (35)
Spear Chukka (35)

Rare
Snotling Pump Wagon (40)

Total-992

Uriain
07-04-2008, 22:11
Looks pretty good for just starting out. When you get some more cash to get guys, I would personally suggest a couple big units (read 25+) of orcs and a some Squiq Hoppers (my O&G oppoent usese 1 unit of 8) a Squiq herd (these guys rule) and a unit of 5 trolls with Orc Boss on Boar. Though he doesnt take any magic, but that a personal preference thing.

redrum
08-04-2008, 14:31
Yeah, Orcs, Squig Hoppers and Squig herds are all on my expansion list. I'll probably pick up a few things this weekend.

Any other feedback on the list? Looks like I'll probably be playing vs. Ogres first so I'll switch out the Gnasha (since killing blow doesn't work on Ogres) for Bigged's Kickin' boots. I was also thinking of making the gobbo big boss into a BSB and giving him the spider banner. Poison archers can really make things rough for Ogres although that Horn of Urgok really sounds handy. Any ideas?