PDA

View Full Version : Starting new army? opinions on which i should choose!!

heinrichvoncarstein
08-04-2008, 14:13
I'm lost!!:(:cries:
I'm thinking of starting a new army but i can't choose between dwarves and wood elves!
I like the runic weapons and stuff but i also like the woodsinging w/waywatchers combo.

P.S:If i choose wood elves i will probably do a waywatcher list.

N810
08-04-2008, 14:20
have you checked out this link yet?
http://warseer.com/warhammer_fantasy_armies_overview
there is some good information/advise in here...

but if it comes down to it and you still can't make up your mind,
try to figure out what army you would like to assemble and paint for the mext 6 months. :D

Tiamat
08-04-2008, 14:45
I've always picked armies on background and character first, then which rule set appeals to me most.

You could do the same thing, you've just started the other way around. If the rules won't swing your choice one way or the other, try to decide which racial fluff appeals to you most and go that way.

Failing that, I'd say flip a coin.

Lordsaradain
08-04-2008, 17:16
Choose Orcs 'n Goblins IMO.

Fuzzymoldyork
08-04-2008, 17:44
I would personally wait for Deamons, they look and sound *******' sweet.

But, if thats not in one of the armies your interested in I would take the Stunties over the pointy ears, much cooler looking models, more plastic kits (a godsend in my opinion), and runic weapons are sweet.

Which ever army you choose make sure you get what floats YOUR boat not what floats someone elses.

Lordsaradain
08-04-2008, 19:24
Which ever army you choose make sure you get what floats YOUR boat not what floats someone elses.

Very true!

borgut facebeater
08-04-2008, 20:43
Wood elves are an army what you need some experiance with and they are normal outnumbered but when they win they massacre the enemy

DigbyWeapon
09-04-2008, 07:26
Why not just buy something small from both armies, paint them up and take the time to consider which painting time appealed more to you and if you are happy to continue with that army for six months.

Digby

GravlinG
09-04-2008, 08:44
MMM, well dwarfs are powerful their own way, I think you will have more fun playing Wood Elves, iv played against them alot, and there is lots of diversity in the army.
You could go more elves and fast paced game, with shooting on the move.
Forrest spirit and go with higher strength & Toughness with better saves.
Or mix & match with the more special troops with all those special rules.

I do think dwarfs army list is good and cheesy (due to all the special items, rules and point cost for what u get)
But i find them a little boring to play with, and against.(also most of the miniatures don't appeal to me.
But it is your decision, so when u have decided, have fun...

Cortomaltese
09-04-2008, 14:47
they're both armies which plays something different than average..
dwarves are tought, slow and without cavalry, We lacks in armour,but are filled with flexibility, speed and great ability to deal with terrains..

ask yourself what kind of gaming do u prefer, and don't bother to much with other's opinion :)

Dark Empire
10-04-2008, 00:01
Why not just buy something small from both armies, paint them up and take the time to consider which painting time appealed more to you and if you are happy to continue with that army for six months.

Digby

True all the way.

I also recommend whichever army that has the "fluff' appeal for you more. Sounds cheesy to some but I really dug into history of each army (before finally choosing Empire), what I could do with each one to personalize it, how versatile they were and ultimately how cool the models looked. Truthfully between those two it would be a hard decision for myself! Get a codex from each one and get a good feel for how they play and see which style appeals to you...take your time.