PDA

View Full Version : shooty pointy ear death !

wildkarrde0
08-04-2008, 14:36
Alter Highborn 271 Pts
Alter; Longbow; Light Armour; Shield
Annoyance of Netlings
Bow of Loren
Arcane Bodkins

Alter Noble 158 Pts
Alter; Great Weapon; Longbow; Light Armour; Shield
Hail of Doom Arrow
Helm of the Hunt

Noble 108 Pts
General; 2ndWeapon; Longbow; Light Armour; Shield
Pageant of Skrikes

Spellsinger 175 Pts
Magic Level 2; Lore of Athel Loren; Longbow
Calaingor's Stave
Dispel Scroll

12 Glade Guard 150 Pts
Longbow; Musician

12 Glade Guard 144 Pts
Longbow

10 Glade Guard 120 Pts
Longbow

10 Glade Guard 120 Pts
Longbow

10 Waywatchers 248 Pts
2ndWeapon; Longbow
Shadow Sentinel

10 Waywatchers 248 Pts
2ndWeapon; Longbow
Shadow Sentinel

5 Glade Riders @ 129 Pts
Spear; Longbow; Musician

5 Glade Riders @ 129 Pts
Spear; Longbow; Musician

Casting Pool: 4

Dispel Pool: 3

Models in Army: 78

Total Army Cost: 2000

lots and lots of bows to shoot the alter character to charge out when needed to hit things hard with big sticks glade rides to bait n fleeeee any good or maybe a pipe dream?

Necromancer2
08-04-2008, 14:52
Do you have 20 Waywatchers? or is the points wrong? ;)

I like the large unit of WW although you will have trouble hiding them.

_Lucian_
08-04-2008, 14:53
unfortunatly i believe more a pipe dream, without a stronger magic defense you will be in definate trouble (especially against any V/C players) maybe drop some waywatchers and gladegaurd, purchase a few dryads (maybe 2x8) and treekin/treeman, and swap a noble for another scroll caddy. W/E are notriously fragile and without any units to fight off your oponent your army will never be able to hold its own. The ability to utterly destroy your oponent is unlikely with shooting alone, baiting glade riders will get shot/magic to pieces. I believe the army has promise, but needs to be augmented with a few units able to hold there own or react in a counter-charging aspect

wildkarrde0
08-04-2008, 17:04
ok couple of points one

Necromancer2: your right the ideas to have twenty wasn't planing on hiding in woods just stick in the line and open fire to my hearts content vs most armies depends on the terrain

_Lucian_: your right about the magic defence so that will have to be changed drop one noble and and a unit of glade gurad for the wizard. i really wouldn't want the all the forest spirt stuff cause bar the treeman it can;t shoot therefore not shooty death stuff.

_Lucian_
08-04-2008, 17:20
Yes but the key to a successful (read: good from a competitive point which i assume is what you are asking) army is a balance or ability to deal with the numerous and varied problems your opponents will bring to the table. For example; a 15 unit horde army of skaven will all round LD of between 8-10. Impossible to kill with your ammount of bows, would win from static CR against any of your units, packs alot of magic punch, fast movers (combined with tunnel teams etc); My Tourny BoC army with 13 units all with M6 and above (90% movement 7-8, some fliers, and ambushing units).
Now i wont pretend you have a tourny list written there, however your list may be very boring against alot of opponents if all you do is hunker and down and wait for the shooting phase. Combined with the inability to fight i would honestly suggest to revise your idea of "if it cant shoot, i dont want it", as i honestly cant see it as anything other than a pipe dream. Sorry