PDA

View Full Version : daemons special characters question

Negafex
08-04-2008, 16:39
ive been looking into the new chaos daemons codex and it looks like were getting about 4 greater demon special characters but there seems to be a problem. theres no new greater demon models of any kind(special character or otherwise) slated for release anytime soon.

my question is if anyone has any definite answers on wether theyre making models for them or if GW truly does suc that much that they wouldnt release models for them

jfrazell
08-04-2008, 17:04
Conversion-who cares if GW is making special versions of them? Make your own.

biggreengribbly
08-04-2008, 17:09
It wouldn't be the first time GW didn't make the models for every option in a codex on-release.

Without even treading on the problems with missing figs from the Ork line, or Marine drop pods, I can think of more than a few special characters off the top of my head who's models were either significantly delayed, or were never made at all.

Captain Cortex (3rd ed Marines)
Lucius the Eternal,

Iyanna Arienal and Nuadhu "Fireheart" (3rd ed Eldar)
Sergeant Lysander (3rd ed Marines)
Lt Kage (3.5 ed Guard)

and more recently, Old Zogwort, Boss Zagstruk, Snikrot and Captain Badrukk all from the 4th ed Ork 'dex. The only special characters that are available in model form from that 'dex were ones who's models already existed.

So to claim that GW 'suc' for not producing sculpts for what would be four, Large, detail laden miniatures, when they have a history of not even making roughly man-sized models for the initial release period of what is a bit of a 'niche' codex, and a step into unknown and controvertial territory (making Daemons entirely separate from Chaos Marines has not been a popular change let's not forget) when they have already devoted significant resources to them already (Each initial codex release does have a limited number of new figures it can be accompanied by it would seem) when several of their bread and butter armies still lack models is more than a little short sighted.

And if the idea of having a 'regular' greater Daemon representing a special character annoys you that much, I'd be more than willing to convert you something for a ...less than modest fee :angel:

ArtificerArmour
08-04-2008, 17:11
Forgeworld make some nice greater daemon models :p

boogle
08-04-2008, 17:17
The Zagstrukk green has been seen, so he is getting a model, i woudl imagine Snikrot, Wazzdakka and Zogwort will too at some point, the plan i believe is to releace all of the the Codex options in 2-3 waves, rather than all at once

biggreengribbly
08-04-2008, 17:24
The Zagstrukk green has been seen, so he is getting a model, i woudl imagine Snikrot, Wazzdakka and Zogwort will too at some point, the plan i believe is to releace all of the the Codex options in 2-3 waves, rather than all at once

:rolleyes: Trust someone to point out the one thing I forgot to mention :angel:

(I was aware of the Zagstrukk sculpt, I was just pointing out that not getting special characters on the initial release is nothing new :p)

Sami
08-04-2008, 20:06
Forgeworld make some nice greater daemon models :p

I am seriously tempted to take a look at converting their Bloodthirster to Skarbrand. Should be pretty easy as he's a Bloodthirster with his wings cut off, but I've never painted a model anywhere near that size before and if I make a mistake with the modelling it could be very expensive to fix.