PDA

View Full Version : Cautious Shield vs Giant

Dogfax
08-04-2008, 18:53
so any of you know how this would work? Ill quote the codex for the cautious shield.

"Gives a 6+ arm sav that can be combined with other armour as normal. The bearer can force one model in base contact to lose 1 att (he can choose which attack in the case of opponents with diff attacks, such as cavalry models)

In addition the model can decide not to att at allbut to wield the shield with two hands and concerntrate on defense. If he decides to do this, the chosen enemy will lose 2 atts. The player ,ust declare which way the shield will be used at the begining of each CC phase, before any side strikes blows."

so does the giant lose his spec att?? or does this not effect him?

Porksta
08-04-2008, 18:58
It wouldn't affect him as he doesn't have any set attacks. Besides, how would a shield keep him from jumping or screaming?

Dogfax
08-04-2008, 19:02
well exactly.. thats why I ask.. but swinging his club?? Im quite happy to accept that it will do nothing against him, but I just want peoples opinions on it so when we go into a big campaign we dont get any "discussions"

Urgat
08-04-2008, 19:06
Well Porksta is right (well, at least, I think): giants don't have attacks (on their profile), so this would not have any effect on them.

Dogfax
08-04-2008, 19:15
well that would make sense then.. its just the text is sooo grey that it doesnt help. My mate said the same thing but said that I should read the text exactly. My shield stops "Attacks" where as the Giant makes "Special Attacks" therefore will not help..

cheers guys

Gazak Blacktoof
08-04-2008, 20:16
Most items like this (or some at least) actually mention the giant as an exception.

The cautious shield wont have any effect on Giants or any other special attacks.