PDA

View Full Version : Warseer Online CSM Legion

kishvier
09-04-2008, 00:18
UP TO DATE STUFF:
Legion Name: Warpseers
Tactics: Subterfuge and Guerilla
Colors: Light Blue Shoulder Pads (We were using hawk turquoise but we need to experiment) plus whatever their normal colors are.
Location: Segmentum Obscurus, far side away from Eye Of Terror
Gods:All, but Slaanesh and Tzeentch is more common.
Homesystem: Portentum II

So put in some fluff or pledge some models, or just debate!

dr.oetk3r
09-04-2008, 00:21
Think Alpha Legion, except with net speak.

Cyber Demons...Yeah

More than one Chapter Master.

Kissaholic
09-04-2008, 01:09
Chaos Ftw!!!

TheSanityAssassin
09-04-2008, 01:11
Well what I can say, is that there's definitely going to be a Warseer in my Red Corsairs squad in my Chaos army...haha

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
09-04-2008, 01:15
*envisions Warpseer marine, in full power armor, standing in crowd, passing out fliers written entirely in n3tsP3ak*

FifthWindLegion
09-04-2008, 05:06
You have my full support! I may not commit any models, as I have three chaos armies going already (four with daemons), I definetly want to help with this one. Any info from the last thread that you saved that could get us started?

MaliGn
09-04-2008, 11:22
Surely their tactics should be more like Flaming and Trolling?

Müller
09-04-2008, 11:50
Flamers of tzeench is a MUST!

I have one unit of CSM still in their sprues, a full squad in fact... I WILL dedicate them to the cause, they will be my red corsairs unit (I mix the CMS bits with SM ones from my bits box)

I will also later get myself a Sorcerer for my army and he too will be added to that portion of my army..

Anybody got ideas on possible insignias?
And what *******' blue will we need? :P

AdmiralDick
09-04-2008, 11:56
Cyber Demons...Yeah

the Lesser Daemons that they take to the field with are from a lesser power's pantheon and are known as 'Trolls'.

also their weapon of choice is Flammer.

and their tactics are bassed largely on false rumours, lies and missinformation.

kishvier
09-04-2008, 22:18
Our daemons use flamers and spammers lol. Um, a ton of the old stuff was lost and I included what I could in my first post but forgot the daemon worship. Slaanesh and Tzeentch are the 2 most worshipped gods, though there are a few who worship Nurgle and Khorne.

ctsteel
09-04-2008, 22:38
pre-battle ritual includes chest bashing sessions, coupled with loud proclamations of their expert knowledge, ability and skill, in an attempt to force the enemy to capitulate without even fighting back.

:p

kishvier
09-04-2008, 22:40
Okay people, lets get a little more serious. We need some fluff and some more pledges.

WOOT 400 posts!!!

later, Kish-

dr.oetk3r
10-04-2008, 00:35
Here's a chapter symbol i made (pretty crappy, what can i say, all i have is paint). Basically it's the Warseer SM chapter symbol with 8 points added to it so it looks slightly like a chaos star.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e264/droetker/wswinner.jpg

As far fluff...

Split off from the Alpha Legion? Dedicated to the destruction/domination of the Imperiums Cyber Networks? Looking for Arcane knowledge on the Interwebz (web way :p).

kishvier
10-04-2008, 01:03
Lol, I was thinking of making it kinda like the black legion with a bunch of people put in one group and alpha legion tactics. As it seems by popularity I guess we can make it a Alpha Legion offshoot.

dr.oetk3r
10-04-2008, 01:29
I just thought the AL refrance would make sense because they are a legion which is linked to lies and subterfuge

: P

kishvier
10-04-2008, 01:46
Yeah, you have a point. Keep it coming, a name of a home system would be nice.

dr.oetk3r
10-04-2008, 02:18
Warseeria, Warseeristan, Warseer Prime, Warsaw? : D

ctsteel
10-04-2008, 05:05
homeworld: Portentum II

(warseer being the second incarnation of Portent and all)

Rpait
10-04-2008, 09:39
I would be down for painting some models for the cause. While I don't play chaos, I really like painting their models.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
10-04-2008, 11:41
Of course they should also follow Malal :D

MaliGn
10-04-2008, 12:14
Here's an off the top of my head idea that is coming as I type.

The Warpseers, the first renegade warband of Chaos aligned Adeptus Astartes to turn traitor upon their treacherous brethren. Each Warpseer is an active member of their original warband while at the same time working towards the goals of the Warpseers. Their duplicitous role is to spread disruption and misinformation amonst the Chaotic renegades in order to eventually unite all Chaos warbands to take on the Imperium as a united force. Unfortunately the disparate nature of the warband leads each member to work independantly, this has caused progress to be slow and ineffective as they easily get wrapped up in lesser disputes ignoring the goals of the warband in the process.

That said there are groups of Warpseers that have united be it by corrupting an existing warband or simply by putting aside differences of opinion on lesser matters towards a common goal. These are held as paragons of rumour hounding, deception, misdirection and of spreading falsehoods. Their offensive tactics involve gueriila style attacks with small groups of Warpseers harrying the opponent from all sides, usually the most unexpected. This is a distraction technique to confuse the enemy before a unified force of great strength strikes straight at the heart of the enemy and settles the affair.

The nature of their infiltration throughout the warbands of Chaos allows the Warpseers access to all manner of cult troops and equipment and all will be used to optimise efficiency, although there is often argument over the best use of certain units, but every option is represented. This dispersion means that there is no precise homeworld or base of operations used by the whole warband although certain members speak of Portentus Prime as the location of the inception of the group. It is believed that Portentus Prime has been lost in the warp, and has obtained legendary status. Some Warpseers continue to search for it, believing that it holds the key to the ultimate goal.

The members of the Warpseers will often keep the iconography of their original warbands with only one shoulder pad painted black with a blue trim. This aids the confusion sown when they attack as the victims often believe they are under assault from many warbands. When the hammerblow attack comes the Warpseers will don their full livery to ensure that the victims are left in no doubt as to who destroyed them; the last thing they see will be the Warpseers.

Anyway like I said I've been making this stuff up as I go. Any opinions?

Müller
10-04-2008, 12:36
we need fluff on leaders, do the warpseers follow the biggest and strongest guy for the common goal, much like orks do since all they care about is misinformation and malicious chaos?

And also, surely deamons must be sommoned, then often at least from two different patrons to further confuse the enemy...?

kishvier
10-04-2008, 19:44
I like the homesystem being portentum....how do you guys like it?

Depends on the squad. Beserkers would obviously follow the biggest while the Tsons would follow the trickeyest and most powerful I would think, what do you guys think?

dr.oetk3r
11-04-2008, 01:40
I too like Portentum II.

Griffin
11-04-2008, 12:09
I like the Idea of the Portentum system - however what kind of livery are we talking ?

Jos
11-04-2008, 12:35
I was thinking something like a techpriest/ich marine with lots of bionics. With a stray land raider by the side, which drives his root-server

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
11-04-2008, 12:49
Amazing idea i have to say :D

FifthWindLegion
11-04-2008, 13:52
I disagree though with the "first adeptus to go traitor" because the Legions were the first, and everyone was appalled at even the though of it. They could be the first Chapter gone rouge, but not the first astares.

If you are set on that, however, you could just as easily say that (for example, Alpha legion Vs. UltraSMurfs at Calth(was it them?)) what was though to be heavy casulties from the Ultramarines was actually a group of them faking their death and hiding out until after the Heresy began, where they formed their own warband.

It could also be an Iron Hands deviant, if we go with the bionics.

MaliGn
11-04-2008, 14:46
I disagree though with the "first adeptus to go traitor" because the Legions were the first, and everyone was appalled at even the though of it. They could be the first Chapter gone rouge, but not the first astares.

If you are set on that, however, you could just as easily say that (for example, Alpha legion Vs. UltraSMurfs at Calth(was it them?)) what was though to be heavy casulties from the Ultramarines was actually a group of them faking their death and hiding out until after the Heresy began, where they formed their own warband.

It could also be an Iron Hands deviant, if we go with the bionics.

My idea was that they were turning traitor on the Legions, not against the imperium.

kishvier
11-04-2008, 19:53
I think we will be a light fast moving forces using raptors and Defilers probably.

Then it is set, Portentum II is the homesystem.

FifthWindLegion
11-04-2008, 22:09
My idea was that they were turning traitor on the Legions, not against the imperium.

That would still mean agianst the legions, because that is what the legions stood for.

dr.oetk3r
11-04-2008, 22:12
Oblitorators with computer monitors for heads?

kishvier
12-04-2008, 17:19
I think we want a "We hate nearly everyone because you all suck and don't worship Tzeentch or Slaanesh" kind of Legion (Like almost every other legion). They sit in their system and wreak havoc on nearby systems and make themselves as much of a pain in the butt as possible while occasionaly helping Abaddon out for some gear.

FifthWindLegion
09-05-2008, 15:17
So before this thread starts dying, we have our system, and we have our general theme (since no one has disagreed.

So we Worship Tzeentch and Slannesh while helping out with the Black Crusades? Who are our enemies? Are we a renegade Chapter, are we part of a Renegade Chapter, are we like the Red Corsairs in that we take anyone?

EVIL INC
09-05-2008, 15:32
How about the old Portent colors as the Warseer Chapter is using the new blue/ice warseer colors. Rhe Warpseers can represent the old gaurd who refuses to change to the new cold colors because they like the older hot ones better.

kishvier
09-05-2008, 19:52
Gah, I already painted one in blue...what were the original colors anyway?:confused:

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
09-05-2008, 19:59
Portent was red and black, mostly black...with flame-y letters. Pretty much Classic Chaos, y'know?

t-tauri
09-05-2008, 20:26
Portent was red and black, mostly black...with flame-y letters.Warseer is red and black too. :evilgrin:

Go to user CP and edit options and scroll down to miscellaneous at the bottom. Portent is still available as a skin there.

kishvier
09-05-2008, 22:17
Cool, okay, if I have a chance (I have been bogged down by homework the past few weeks) I'll try to paint a test marine. Anyone else who wants to give it a try go ahead and post some pics when your done!

kishvier
09-07-2008, 20:46
Hey everyone! After a long break, I thought I'd try and revive this one last time. I've found the model I painted (badly might I add and pic is a bit blurry) but the shoulder pad is good enough, the rest of him is his old Black Legion colors, so here it is:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd278/Kishvier/100_8109.jpg

Any ideas on how to make it better? Anyone else want to give it a shot?