PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Slaanesh Re-Work; 2K

Arguleon-veq
09-04-2008, 17:01
With my most regular opponents now sporting VC and Magic Heavy HE my old Slaanesh list is no longer viable.

I used to run a Dragon Lord, 20 Warriors with Hand Weps and Shields, 14 with Halberd and Shields. Small Marauder units with Flails [using the big Warrior block as static res, opposite to what most people do I know]. Chariots and Dragon Ogers.

Heres what Im thinking of now.

Sorcerer Lord;
MoS,
Extra Level,
Spell Familiar,
Daemon Sword,
Barded Steed.

I love fighty characters but I need the magic, Daemon Sword gives me both. Plus I have a 2+ save for defence. I wanted this guy on a Steed of Slaanesh but i got that mail oredr only sorcerer on horse, was gonna put him on my steed of slaanesh then find out he built into the horse and doesnt come off!!!!, so hes now mounted on a barded steed.

Sorcerer;
MoS,
Extra Level,
Power Familar.

Sorcerer;
Extra Level,
Dispell Scroll.

12 Chosen Warriors;
MoS,
Great Weapons,
Shields,
Full Command.

My hard hitting unit. May cast the Frenzy spell on them if i need to.

Beast Herd, 12 Gors, 8 Ungors;
FC,
2 Hand Weapons.

Screen for the Warriors, plus they can hold their own in a fight.

20 Marauders;
FC,
Flails.

5 Knights;
FC,
MoS,
Warbanner.

Some speed, they can have Frenzy cast on them or my Lord can join here.

5 Hounds;

Screen.

6 Marauder Horse;
Flails,
Musicain.

A nice little flanking unit, should come in handy.

3 Dragon Ogres;
L.A,
Great Weapons.

Love these guys, chariot smashers and pretty quick.

20 Cav,
54 Infantry.

11 Power,
7 Dispell + 1 Scroll.

_Lucian_
09-04-2008, 19:58
You really really to invest in the Rapturous standard. My BoC/HoC alliance is my tourny list and i never leave home without that standard. On your chosen on foot it would make a huge diff especially as you have great weapons

The Red Scourge
12-04-2008, 10:00
You really really to invest in the Rapturous standard. My BoC/HoC alliance is my tourny list and i never leave home without that standard. On your chosen on foot it would make a huge diff especially as you have great weapons

I absolutely positively agree. It will reduce the the wounds you'll suffer greatly, and give you the edge in every fight you'll really miss it, when going toe-to-toe with those blood knights :skull:

Yehoshua
12-04-2008, 13:19
I'd throw the War Banner on the Chosen Warriors and the Rap.Stand. on the Knights. The Knights benefit more from the Rap.Stand. because they have more attacks (because they have Horses) to benefit from halving the enemies' WS (especially given that the Horses' WS is relatively low, but their strength is relatively good).

You can run the math yourself at Avian's site: http://folk.ntnu.no/tarjeia/avian/calculations/unit_combat.php