PDA

View Full Version : 350 Pt. VC Warband

Naxeur
09-04-2008, 17:08
Using the warbands rules to get a group started in fantasy. Min unit requirements are smaller and no characters over 150 etc.

Vampire - Lord of the Dead, Extra Magic Level Power

10 Zombies
10 Skellies
10 Ghouls

Look good?

Or should I use a necromancer instead and use the extra points for command in the skeletons?

dalakh
09-04-2008, 17:29
IMO it's better to stick with either skellies or ghouls. Since you have the LoTD, it's better to have 2 units of skellies so that you can raise both unit on a 3+ roll. I'd upgrade the unit with your vampire in with a champion, that way you can challenge any dangerous character that seek to kill your naked vampire. Last, personally I prefer Dire Wolves over zombies, as you might want to do some warmachine hunting.

Necronoxz
09-04-2008, 20:35
give your vampire: the flayed hauberk for 25 points a magic armour that give you a 2+ armour save. so your vampire is not easy to kill anymore remember when your vampire get killed your army start to crubmle....

for your core choises:
10 Zombies
10 Skellies
10 Ghouls

go either for skellies or ghouls.
becouse you take LoTD you should go for the skellies
IMO go for 2 unit's from 10 skellies Full command and spears you raise the rest in the battle zombies you can also raise in the battle ;) so nn them at the start.
for the remaining points go for dire wolfs ;) fast flank unit's or warmachine hunters also good to block enemy's from marching.

if you go for a second character:
take a necromancer with vanhels dance macabre so you are 100% sure U get more movement ;) if nobody dispel ofcourse. so for magic Items I should go for black periat OR book of arkhan

I hope this wil works out

Regards, Bas

Spirit
10-04-2008, 02:39
i dont see how a hero with 3S5 attacks and 4 power dice, versus at least 2 dispell dice, will do much. I would take a vampire that kills. he still has 3 power dice.

Id give the vampire the gem of blood and a biting blade. 30 points and you rebound a wound on a 2+, so 5/6ths of the time, your vamp has 3 wounds. And you only have to do one back to the hero that caused it, with a -3 to their saves. Cheap enough for the points and deadly enogh to deal with whats thrown at him.

koningswulf
10-04-2008, 03:02
min zombie unit is 20+ also unless you are allowed that in warband rules.

g0ddy
10-04-2008, 03:13
i dont see how a hero with 3S5 attacks and 4 power dice, versus at least 2 dispell dice, will do much. I would take a vampire that kills. he still has 3 power dice.

Id give the vampire the gem of blood and a biting blade. 30 points and you rebound a wound on a 2+, so 5/6ths of the time, your vamp has 3 wounds. And you only have to do one back to the hero that caused it, with a -3 to their saves. Cheap enough for the points and deadly enogh to deal with whats thrown at him.

and the other 1/6th of the time... hes DEAD.

~ g0ddy

KUMA
10-04-2008, 07:09
I have been taking a vamp level 2 with ghoul raise, 2 groups of 3 ghouls and a wraith for low point warbands...just put one group of ghouls in front as a shield and raise raise raise! the wraith moves about terrorizing the opposing army and being a hit man for small groups...

Spirit
10-04-2008, 11:51
Hmm, didn't think about one wraith, if the minimum unit is dropped to one. How about one banshee? She still causes terror for 75 points lol.

Mercules
10-04-2008, 13:55
Warband rules for units size:
20x20mm & 25x25mm = 3 models min
25x50mm = 2
40x40 or larger = 1

Unless normally it is less. Now, you also can not buy unit upgrades(other than weapons) until you meet the normal min size(or a certain size for certain races like Skaven) so if the Banshee is now an upgraded member of the unit, then you would need to hit the normal book min.

Stick with the Vampire. 4 casting dice against the normal 2-3 dispel in that game level means you will get at least one spell off a turn(beware of Dwarves). Direwolves sound like a good idea to me as you might need flankers.