PDA

View Full Version : Orc Shaman box

Canadian_Khan
09-04-2008, 17:35
Hi

Just starting an orcish themed army. I want it to be led by savage orcs ( so all lords and heroes will be savage orcs, while the rest of the army will be composed only from orcs )

I am just wondering... Is the GW box for orcs shamans allows the building of a Savage orc shaman on foot and on boar, is it made to allow only regular orcs shamans?

Thanks and sorry if that as already been spoken of

Urgat
09-04-2008, 17:38
There's no shaman box, there's only a couple metal minis in blisters, sorry. That being said, all the metal shaman orcs can stand for savage orc shamans easily, so it ups the numbers a bit.

redrum
09-04-2008, 18:10
Actually there is a Shaman Box, although I don't know if it's a plastic set like the warboss one or just a couple of figures thrown in box. It's one on foot and one mounted on a boar. Anyway, I see no reason why they couldn't be used as Savage Orcs, just paint them appropriately and you're good to go.

loveless
09-04-2008, 18:12
Metal Box of Shamans (mounted and unmounted)
http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=305761&orignav=301036&ParentID=258654&GameNav=13

Blister of Savage Orc Shaman
http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=302224&orignav=301036&ParentID=211947&GameNav=13

All of them will look fine as a Savage Orc Shaman, such is the nature of a Shaman.

Braad
09-04-2008, 18:36
Well, the one on foot might be a bit much normal-orcy, but the mounted one is quite naked, so with a decent paintjob (think: warpaint) it could look quite savage, I guess.
I bought that one when it was still in a blister a few years ago, but as far as I know you can only get it in the box nowadays.

But if you combine the mounted one with the real savage orc shaman, you have a nice couple.
Otherwise you could buy the Wurzag mini:
http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=302259&orignav=301036&ParentID=212007&GameNav=13

In the end, its not really importan which model you buy, as long as it can represent what you want it to be and that you are happy with it.

Anyway, they are all metal mini's. No plastic multipart boxes here.

Avian
09-04-2008, 18:45
Any Orc shaman mini with warpaint: Savage Orc
Any Orc shaman mini without warpaint: regular Orc

No stress. :)

woytek
09-04-2008, 20:34
May I go a little bit off topic and note that an orc army lead by savage orc characters might not be that smart of an idea? Your characters can actually charge out of your units if there is an enemy unit in range. This prevents you from taking boars for your bosses, which is a great loss IMO.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
09-04-2008, 23:54
Theres always Wurrzag, who I'll be getting soon.

Just something about that model makes me all fuzzy inside!

Gralph!?!
10-04-2008, 00:36
Theres always Wurrzag, who I'll be getting soon.

Just something about that model makes me all fuzzy inside!

wait until the 26th...... i cannot say anymore to you in the yees of the public.

either way the 2 metal figures you get are more than adiquate for savage orc shamans seeing one is a naked or close enough and sitting on a boar with a great big trophy rack for successful spells while the other is a deranged looking nutter who with a little warpaint will look fine as a savage orc shaman.

defenantly not compared to my current orc shaman who looks rather noble in comparison.

redrum
10-04-2008, 01:25
wait until the 26th...... i cannot say anymore to you in the yees of the public.

This response has intrigued me, please elaborate if you would be so kind :D

Gralph!?!
10-04-2008, 01:46
This response has intrigued me, please elaborate if you would be so kind :D

well..... i could say but i would rather not for fear of the pointy stick.

redrum
10-04-2008, 05:02

Lol, well we don't want any pointy stick problems around here. I suppose I can wait till the 26th ;)

Braad
10-04-2008, 08:10

You are very mean. If you can't say anything, then don't. Now I have to sit behind my laptop, shaking and nervous, until something happens for about two weeks.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
10-04-2008, 13:53
You are very mean. If you can't say anything, then don't. Now I have to sit behind my laptop, shaking and nervous, until something happens for about two weeks.

Sorry guys, but it was meant for me. Gralph has told me what it's about now!

I shall publicly slap him tonight once I've finished work for the heinous crime of Inciting Nerd Hopes.

Canadian_Khan
10-04-2008, 14:37
wait now... does that mean i have to stop buying stuff until the 26th? or just my heroes?

Oh, and btw, 2 orc chariots in a 2000pts orc-only... any experience of that?

Braad
10-04-2008, 15:56
Ok, as I get it now, its just something between the Mad Doc and Gralph...

No reason to stop buying stuff I guess. The savage shamans available are both cool if you ask me, and are worth it anyway.
Remember, with orcs&gobbo's you can never have enough.

2 chariots? Yeah, cool man! I fielded 2, of which one carried a big boss, in a 2000 pts game last sunday. I totally wacked my lizard opponent from the field. The chariots charged a unit of saurus in turn one, and nearly wiped it out (killed 11 out of 16) and killed his terradons afterwards.
I'll be posting the battle report in the report-section, in a couple of minutes.
The good thing about them is, they are relatively cheap. The bad thing is, they cost a special choice or make an expensive lord. But in the end, they are often worth it. Just watch out for cannons and other S7+ hitters.

Urgat
10-04-2008, 16:22
wait now... does that mean i have to stop buying stuff until the 26th? or just my heroes?

Oh, and btw, 2 orc chariots in a 2000pts orc-only... any experience of that?

Nah, means something personal like Mad Doc's birthday being on the 26th, and Gralph!?! offering him wurzag, or something along those lines.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
10-04-2008, 18:20
Nah, means something personal like Mad Doc's birthday being on the 26th, and Gralph!?! offering him wurzag, or something along those lines.

Nah, not that cool or free unfortunately.

Lets just say I'll be missing out due to being skint!