PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentch demon's greatest weakness. (New Rules)

Soul of Iron
09-04-2008, 18:11
I'm in an escalation tourney at my local hobby shop and they are allowing me to use the new Demon rules.

I've found a huge weakness for the armies of change. Heavy Cav is troublesome. HE heavy cav is almost impossible to deal with as they are immune to all physical and shooting attacks from your core, heroes, and rares.

Do any cult tzeentch demon players have any tip on filling this nasty gap?

Spirit
09-04-2008, 18:27
May i ask why they are immune? It is the dragon armour?

TIZNE
09-04-2008, 18:33
I've heard that the new daemons have access to the lore of metal, that's great against heavy armoured foes.
Either way, there's a tzeentch gift that lets you choose any lore from the Core Rule book, and know all of the spells from that lore. (or they were different gifts?:wtf:)

SilverWarlock
09-04-2008, 19:23
thats definitely the way to go, several mages with the full lore of metal

though that gift choice does limit powerdice and scrolls

Your Mum Rang
09-04-2008, 20:01
The new Tzeentch lore is not flaming. DP are not immune.

MildlyAbrasive
09-04-2008, 20:26
As much as I've seen and heard of the new Demons, it appears that you'll generally have trouble building an all-comers list composed entirely of a single aspect of Chaos. Of course, some aspects are better or worse at meeting this goal, and Tzeentch seems like one of the better lists to do it with, along with Nurgle perhaps. I see Slaanesh facing more serious issues in this respect, and it's downright impossible with Khorne as far as I can tell.

Spirit
09-04-2008, 22:30
The new Tzeentch lore is not flaming. DP are not immune.

So why are they immune?

and the metal spells that maul cavalry ARE fire, so DP will be immune to those.

Your Mum Rang
10-04-2008, 12:06
Yeah but they won't be immune to d6 Sd6+4 hits!

Lijacote
10-04-2008, 12:27
d6 Sd6+4 hits!

2d6, actually.

Heavy cavalry shouldn't pose a problem if you get that spell off, assuming the enemy isn't a Bretonnian coward (sporting multiple units of heavy cavalry, lances)

as they are immune to all physical and shooting attacks from your core, heroes, and rares.

Pretty sure a Lord of Change is capable of taking any lore, or just whacking them over the head a few times from the flank.

Soul of Iron
10-04-2008, 13:07
The problem with Tzeentch magic is that I have to be at 18" before I can start hitting them with my magic, which means I'd have around 1 round of nuking before they charge.

After some heavy consideration I think that screamers will be the unit of choice for getting rid of those damn cav units. If I keep my screamers behind my infantry and hit the cav with a massive fly-over should neuter that unit nicely.

Up to 15 S5 hits if I get a good whack at them.

Ixquic
10-04-2008, 13:19
The problem with Tzeentch magic is that I have to be at 18" before I can start hitting them with my magic, which means I'd have around 1 round of nuking before they charge.

After some heavy consideration I think that screamers will be the unit of choice for getting rid of those damn cav units. If I keep my screamers behind my infantry and hit the cav with a massive fly-over should neuter that unit nicely.

Up to 15 S5 hits if I get a good whack at them.

If the high elves are smart the first things they'll target are the screamers with their bolt throwers on hills so you might want to hide them behind trees. Even with long range and skirmished, they'll still hit on 5+ with a ton of shots and now that the screamers are only 1 wound it wouldn't take much to weaken them enough to neuter their fly over.

It's probably a coincidence but I'm also in an escalation league and this week I'm playing a Tzeentch army with lots of shooting and characters with the Flamer shooting ability. It would be a small world if you're him. If you are, I wouldn't worry too much about this week's game as my almost all infantry Vampire Counts try to slog it across the board while taking it from those stupid Flamers. I'm still trying to think up a way around the -2 casting banner... I just hope Cleansing Flare doesn't go off irresistibly this time.

superduperkoopatrooper
10-04-2008, 13:56
I thought I'd read that all the missiles in the lore of tzeentch were flaming?

Also, rule of burning iron is flaming, as is the spirit of the forge if I remember correctly.

If I'm correct on both accounts, Dragon Princes are a bit of tough nut to crack for Tzeentch!

Soul of Iron
10-04-2008, 14:08
If the high elves are smart the first things they'll target are the screamers with their bolt throwers on hills so you might want to hide them behind trees. Even with long range and skirmished, they'll still hit on 5+ with a ton of shots and now that the screamers are only 1 wound it wouldn't take much to weaken them enough to neuter their fly over.

It's probably a coincidence but I'm also in an escalation league and this week I'm playing a Tzeentch army with lots of shooting and characters with the Flamer shooting ability. It would be a small world if you're him. If you are, I wouldn't worry too much about this week's game as my almost all infantry Vampire Counts try to slog it across the board while taking it from those stupid Flamers. I'm still trying to think up a way around the -2 casting banner... I just hope Cleansing Flare doesn't go off irresistibly this time.

Do you play in the Springfield VA Games Workshop?

Ixquic
10-04-2008, 14:27
Do you play in the Springfield VA Games Workshop?

Haha, it is you! Good luck this week. Also good luck from those 6 High Elf bolt throwers we're gonna see it 3k.

Soul of Iron
10-04-2008, 14:32
OMG dude! Small world!!!

Your Mum Rang
10-04-2008, 14:53
Tzeentch magic is no longer flaming. It's totally straight now.

theunwantedbeing
10-04-2008, 14:58
Take bloodcrushers?
Seriously..you can take whatever daemons you want...sticking to 1 type just limits your options and leaves you weak...in this instance vs heavy cav you struggle.

The bolt of change will shred cavalry easily enough.
2d6 st 5-10 hits tends to make a mess of the enemy, your looking at st7 or 8 on average.
7 st7-8 hits....kills knights FAST.

Even flamers will kill heavy cav...okay they cant kill dragon princes but that's all they cant kill.
5 of them, throwing around 5d6 st4 shots from outside the other guys charge range.

You could take non-tzeentch daemons though.

Your Mum Rang
10-04-2008, 17:16
2d6 Sd6+4 is deadly to Dragon Princes.

alextroy
11-04-2008, 02:35
2d6 Sd6+4 is deadly to Dragon Princes.

You should correct that. 2d6 Sd6+4 is deadly to everything ;)

Heretic Burner
11-04-2008, 03:52
Heavy cavalry certainly aren't a weakness considering Tzeentch magic absolutely mauls them. DP, as has been stated, are not immune to the magic and fall just as easily as any other heavy cavalry unit. In fact the more heavy cavalry fielded the better as Tzeentch armies may very well be the most powerful anti-cav armies in the game.