PDA

View Full Version : Chaos daemons with pyshic powers?

inquisitor solarris
09-04-2008, 19:02
It's just a quick thought-would daemon psykers suffer perils of the warp? I couldn't see the daemon's mind being attacked by ANOTHER daemon so would you think they'll say anything aboot that or will the GWS creators try and pretend that they didn't notice?

Adra
09-04-2008, 19:22
the phisical body of the deamon that is manifested in the real world could be damaged by uncontroled power running through it.

lord_blackfang
09-04-2008, 19:27
Daemon Princes in Codex: Chaos Space Marines do suffer Perils. Daemons from Codex: Chaos Daemons don't.

Vaktathi
09-04-2008, 19:33
The Daemon's in the upcoming codex don't take psychic tests, they roll to-hit for many of their powers instead however I believe. (even at BS5, this makes them actually *less* likely to get off such powers than Ld10 psykers however, with a 1/6 chance to fail with BS5 compared with a 1/12 with Ld10 that every other Psyker seems to have.)

Avaron
09-04-2008, 22:15
umm with most powers everyone rolls to hit anyways..atleast with all the powers that attack people.

AdmiralDick
09-04-2008, 22:26
I couldn't see the daemon's mind being attacked by ANOTHER daemon

i don't see why they wouldn't be malignant or petty enough to try and usurp each other. the only issue would be whether it would be possible. daemon's don't have physical bodies like other creatures, they are made of the same stuff as the Warp. meaning that they presumably could no more try to enter the mind of another daemon than a human could try and occupy the space of another. also, being the stuff of the warp, they choose their form (or have it chosen by their patron, either way it is maliable), and whatever energy they release in the form of psychic powers is likely a part of their themselves that they simply manifest differently.

they can't draw energy from the warp, otherwise they would come and go freely and maintain their 'bodies' infinitely, meaning whatever psychic energy they have they must have brought with them, like some kind of magical aqualung. so i can't imagine that they would be subject to surges of energy (out side the warp).

The Song of Spears
09-04-2008, 23:10
i don't see why they wouldn't be malignant or petty enough to try and usurp each other.

I am sure they are, however, a deamon has his own warp powers and has no need to open his mind up to the warp the way a human/eldar does. Thus he is not likely open to perils of the warp attack from other deamons.

Its like this: A human/eldar "grabs the hand" of the warp power entity and uses the weapon in that entitys hand to hurt someone, where as the warp entity using that weapon is not struggling for control of the weapon with anyone else, its his weapon, he is the weapon.

Vaktathi
09-04-2008, 23:17
umm with most powers everyone rolls to hit anyways..atleast with all the powers that attack people.

Only with a few psyhic powers require a to-hit roll, the Daemons use a to-hit toll for *all* psychic powers. Only a few powers require to-hit rolls in addition to the psychic test like Bolt of Change and Doombolt, other powers like Lash of Submission, Doom, Frazzle, Zzap, Fortune, Guide, Nurgle's Rot, Eldritch Storm, Mind War etc require no to-hit rolls.