PDA

View Full Version : 2k of Bretonnian Might

Lady Raviaries Silverkin
10-04-2008, 02:45
BRETONNIAN LORD, Sir Robert the Bruce (256)
Grail Vow
Royal Pegasus
Shield
Virtue of Knightly Temper
Lance of Artois

BATTLE STANDARD BEARER, Sir Cluney MacPherson 145
Grail Vow
Warhorse with Barding
Valorous Standard
Will be riding with the Grail Knights.

PALADIN, Sir Percival 126
Warhorse +barding
Sword of Striking
Shield
Gauntlet of the Duel
Potion Sacre
Will be riding with the Realm Knights.

GRAIL KNIGHTS (8) 344
Warhorse + Barding
Musician
Standard Bearer
Banner of Chalons
Champion: Sir McCoy

PEGASUS KNIGHTS (6) 360
Musician
Banner
Champion: Sir Glasgow

KNIGHTS OF THE REALM (8) 241
Musician
Banner Bearer
War Banner
Champion: Sir Bell

KNIGHTS OF THE REALM (9) 265
Musician
Banner
Champion: Sir Campbell

MEN AT ARMS OF SIR MACPHERSON(28) 167
Musician
Standard Bearer
Yeoman
Marching under Sir Cluney MacPhersons' Banner

BOWMEN of MACPHERSON (12) 92
Musician
Standard Bearer
Villein
Marches under Sir Cluney Macphersons' Colors

Total: 1996

Thoughts: This is perhaps the most knights' Ive EVER fielded. I am tinkering with the idea of making the 9 Knights Errantry and taking up the points by buying few more Bowmen (The more, the better IMHO)

What do you guys think? As well, I know that Magic Items can't have duplicates, but I am not sure if that rule includes Common items? After all - two armies against each other may EACH have a War Banner. what do you think?

koningswulf
10-04-2008, 03:08
I havent played brettoinans much but have a strong respect for them.
This army looks strong to me. Only thing I might change is the amount of 6 pegasus knights since they are expensive and will be hard pressed to get all of them into battle.

You can only have 1 of each common item in your army even if a opponent also can have common items

Lady Raviaries Silverkin
10-04-2008, 03:16
You can only have 1 of each common item in your army even if a opponent also can have common items

Thanks. I wans't sure and I dont trust my old Rulebook for anything but the very basics till I get the new one. I'll swap the War Banner out for something else.

AS for the pegs, I find that because there are FEWER of them, they can be more easily broken and sent fleeing. I like my Pegasus Fleet.

Uriain
10-04-2008, 03:53
BRETONNIAN LORD, Sir Robert the Bruce (256)
Grail Vow
Royal Pegasus
Shield
Virtue of Knightly Temper
Lance of Artois

**This guy is pretty good. I can see where you are going with this, as it will be a really good rank and file killer if he hits alot (lets face it, wounding will be pretty easy) A few suggestions though. 1) Put him on a horse. Keep him near your units for the ld bonus.**

BATTLE STANDARD BEARER, Sir Cluney MacPherson 145
Grail Vow
Warhorse with Barding
Valorous Standard
Shield
Will be riding with the Grail Knights.

**Firstly, he cant have a sheild. Says so in the text about BSB. Secondly While the standard is really good. He is easy to kill. So givinig him something like the Gromril Great Helm or Armour of the Midsummer Sun to make him last a bit longer on combat. Another option is to give him the Virtue of Duty and a War banner for a +3 combat rez he himself generates.**

PALADIN, Sir Percival 126
Warhorse +barding
Sword of Striking
Shield
Gauntlet of the Duel
Potion Sacre
Will be riding with the Realm Knights.

**Firstly, he cant take the potion, its arcane. Only wizards are allowed arcane. Secondly, if you are giving him the Gauntlet of the Duel then give him the Vitrue of Confidence as well, so he can use the gauntlet to its maximum effectiveness(page 59 under virtues for its actual rules.) Secondly, give him a Lance. And if you have points left over for something, after you have bought your units, the Orcbane shield, always fun against O&G's :D**

GRAIL KNIGHTS (8) 344
Warhorse + Barding
Musician
Standard Bearer
Banner of Chalons
Champion: Sir McCoy

**Good unit, expensive at 8 guys, but a good unit. I use them as 5-6 in normal formation (ie not lance)**

PEGASUS KNIGHTS (6) 360
Musician
Banner
Champion: Sir Glasgow

**Way to many guys. You have no where to hide them till they can come out and help your knights. I would bring this down to 3-4 guys with just the champion as they are there to hunt warmachines and support your knight units (who already have standards)**

KNIGHTS OF THE REALM (8) 241
Musician
Banner Bearer
War Banner
Champion: Sir Bell

**Good, nice size unit. good with a character in them as it really helps their already considerable hitting power.**

KNIGHTS OF THE REALM (9) 265
Musician
Banner
War Banner
Champion: Sir Campbell

**Firstly, you cant take the warbanner twice, the only magic items in the game that are able to be taken more then once are dispel scrolls and Power stones. (and a couple of skaven things) So the banner has to go. I would also drop one guy and stick the BSB in this unit. Thus giving them a character and more hitting power, plus the extra combat rez**

MEN AT ARMS OF SIR MACPHERSON(28) 167
Musician
Standard Bearer
Yeoman
Marching under Sir Cluney MacPhersons' Banner

**Love em, I always try and run with 2 units of 25, works well for me, but each to their own right. If you put the BSB in the Knight unit above you could fill these guys out to 30 strong and have a good solid infantry block on your side.**

BOWMEN of MACPHERSON (12) 92
Musician
Standard Bearer
Villein
Marches under Sir Cluney Macphersons' Colors

**I would personally lose the standard. I know it doesnt cost you anything if it gets captured but I always just stuck with 15 guys and a Villein. My Villein has killed 5 greatswords, a fanatic, a chaos warrior, 5 Orc Boys, and a Inner Circle Knight. I keep a tally for prosperity purposes :D**

Two different armies (ie yours and your friends/opponents) can have the same common magic items, as they are common, but you cannot have two of the same in your list (IE 2 warbanners) Only dispel scrolls and powerstones can be taken multiple times.

Lady Raviaries Silverkin
10-04-2008, 18:04
The standard still gives me an edge in combat resolution though.

I've been too busy to fix the army, but I'll post an update likely tonight or tomorrrow.

Lantern
10-04-2008, 18:20
The only thing I've noticed is that your General has the Virtue of Knightly Temper and magic lance. The virtue cannot be combined with magic weapons (although it can still be combined with the Tress of Isoulde, a great choice for challenges).

exsulis
14-04-2008, 20:42
I'd change those bowmen into skirmishers, and if you had the points to add a few more guys into the mix.

The valorius Standard, and grail knights isn't the best combo since they rarely break. Adding it to a unit like your peasants is a good combo since they tend to die pretty easily compared to your knightly units.

PK at most I like to run them at 5 knights with just the musician. Usually the musican is wasted, and the banner can be a waste as well.

Lady Raviaries Silverkin
14-04-2008, 22:43
PEasants cant have magic banners though.

exsulis
15-04-2008, 22:02
I was thinking more along the line of putting the BSB with valorus Standard in with the peasants.