PDA

View Full Version : Gaming scene in Orlando FL area?

Budro
10-04-2008, 15:20
Hey,

I'm contemplating a move to the Orlando FL area. One of the minor concerns (for me at least, I doubt my wife cares... ;) ) is what is the gaming scene like down there? I got on Sci-Fi City Games website and it looks like they do tournaments and stuff. Any regular gaming nights for 40K or fantasy down there?

Thanks,

Budro

intellectawe
10-04-2008, 16:15
Move slightly more east, to Melbourne.

Our game store, the wizards wall, has more hobbyists in it than Sci Fi city :)

Our current 40k campaign has 19 active player participating in it :)

As for Orlando.... its only good for the Necronomican.

Easy E
10-04-2008, 16:55
As a former resident. I will say it's not fantastic, however it does exist. Granted that was several years ago so things may be different now.

Col. Dash
10-04-2008, 23:21
When I was deployed there, I found an excellent store down in Kissimmee, about 20 minutes down the road. Really friendly place and had regular monthly leagues on wed and saturday alternating 40k and fantasy. What I liked most about it was I didnt meet any of the arrogant powergamers I met at the big orlando store on Colonial Dr that rattle off rules and stats like its a mantra and were all about winning no matter how unfluffy the list was. Everyone there were players who played for the fun of it and had a good time doing it.
Oh yeah the place was called Collesium Games, that bit of info might be helpful.

Freakiq
10-04-2008, 23:35
When I was deployed there, I found an excellent store down in Kissimmee, about 20 minutes down the road. Really friendly place and had regular monthly leagues on wed and saturday alternating 40k and fantasy. What I liked most about it was I didnt meet any of the arrogant powergamers I met at the big orlando store on Colonial Dr that rattle off rules and stats like its a mantra and were all about winning no matter how unfluffy the list was. Everyone there were players who played for the fun of it and had a good time doing it.
Oh yeah the place was called Collesium Games, that bit of info might be helpful.

Is that the place were they have a comic book area and action figures aswell?

Col. Dash
10-04-2008, 23:42
I think so. decent sized gaming area in the back of the building in the "historic" part of town. Has a park out back with a life sized bronze statue sitting in a park bench.

Ainurfire
10-04-2008, 23:59
I think that Florida in general is not good for TT games, at least in comparison to other parts of the country. I live in Miami, and it was a challenge to find somewhere nearby.

intellectawe
11-04-2008, 04:44
Florida is fine. I can find more opponents in my area than I ever could in new york city.

Budro
14-04-2008, 17:18
Thanks for the responses. I'll probably ask more questions later if the transfer goes through.