PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts:Black Knights barding question

whimplow
10-04-2008, 15:20
I was considering converting a unit of Black nights from a mix of Empire Knights and bits and pieces from the new skeleton and grave guard sets.

The Empire hourses of course would all be barded, so Im wondering if this will pose a problem or not as far as WYSIWYG.

Atrahasis
10-04-2008, 15:37
Yes, it would be a problem in a WYSIWYG environment if you didn't pay the points for the barding.

whimplow
10-04-2008, 15:46
ahh wasnt sure that Barding was even an option, but as long as it is ill pay the points. I'm still learning this army but it would seem to me these are basically Grave Guard on horseback?

If so what are the advantages as opposed to using a regular Grave Guard unit? Besides of course mobility.

ObiWan
10-04-2008, 16:06
The mobility is a big plus, you also have the insubstantiality of the mounts, lance bonus on the charge.

TheDudeGuyMan
10-04-2008, 17:11
Just use brettonian horses, they look like they're just covered in robes anyway

Spirit
11-04-2008, 17:07
I have done exactly what you have done, a mix of the black knights, empire horses, skeleton leg swaps and brettonian horses. I have 10 knight, 5 brettonian and 5 empire, i usually only use 7 or 8 max (one is used as a champion or a wight lord, depending, he is on a fancy undead horse.

This way i can always fill the requirement of over 50% barded or un barded, if the problem comes up.

I would definately go for it, they look a dam sight better than the god awful skeleton horses.

crimslain
11-04-2008, 17:22
Yes, but if your concerned with WYSIWYG, then how could you use Bret. steeds as they are far from skeletal. Im not trying to be a pain, but that is why I didnt use them. Way to fleshy to be a skeleton...

Spirit
11-04-2008, 17:30
Well, i use vampire steed head swaps and the black knight horse leg swaps.

Even if they dont look completely skeletal i made them with the old rules in mind, so il hit someone with something heavy if they complain.

crimslain
11-04-2008, 17:32
Thats a good idea. I like it, I might have to use it. TY