PDA

View Full Version : Hammerers in 1500 Points...

MKachenTzeench
10-04-2008, 15:52
As I've indicated in earlier posts, I haven't played the current edition of WH, and am a bit unclear on the rules regarding the Hammerers unit. I took the parenthetical notation in the Lords entry to mean that Thanes do not benefit from the 'Royal Blood' special rule, meaning that in my area, where 1500 point games are the most popular, I might have some trouble fielding a unit of Hammerers at maximum power. You pay 12 points, but you get higher strength, higher WS, and 2h weapons - are Hammerers still worth taking in a 1500 point game where you have no access to a Lord?

Thanks in advance.

LKHERO
10-04-2008, 17:30
You always get Shields on them so they don't get shot up. 13 points a model then.

At 1500 points, I would just use Longbeards + all Warriors. Hammerers only make their points back at higher cost games.

TheDudeGuyMan
11-04-2008, 00:14
No way, dude, Hammerers are the best, regardless of points, shields or no. At 12 points, they have LD9 stubborn, as well as amazing strength and WS. They are best used in units of 14-21 ranked 7 wide, maybe with that banner that doubles unit strength, a champion, and a BSB nearby so they never move an inch. They rock, easily one of the Dwarfs strongest units, both as a tarpit unit and a hammer unit.

Leogun_91
11-04-2008, 08:01
No way, dude, Hammerers are the best, regardless of points, shields or no. At 12 points, they have LD9 stubborn, as well as amazing strength and WS. They are best used in units of 14-21 ranked 7 wide, maybe with that banner that doubles unit strength, a champion, and a BSB nearby so they never move an inch. They rock, easily one of the Dwarfs strongest units, both as a tarpit unit and a hammer unit.

Quoted for Truth