PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Chaos Undivided

darkin
10-04-2008, 23:58
So...what do you think?

Characters

3 Sorcerers of Chaos with the level 2 upgrade and chaos steed. 408pts. These will be incorporated into my marauder horsemen units. I'll probably give them all Lore of Fire.

Core

10 Marauder Horsemen, full command. Hand weapon+shields. 180pts.
10 Marauder Horsemen, full command. Hand weapon+shields. 180pts.
Chariot of Chaos, 120pts.
Chariot of Chaos, 120pts.
30 Chaos Marauders, light armour, hand weapon+ shield, full comand. 235pts.
30 Chaos Marauders, light armour, hand weapon+ shield, full comand. 235pts.

Special

5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne, 80 pts.
10 Plaguebearers, 160pts.

Rare

Spawn of Chaos, 60 pts.
Spawn of Chaos, 60 pts.

Total 1998 pts.

Yehoshua
11-04-2008, 01:06
I would think about putting the sorcerors in the marauder units, to lend their greater leadership and reduce the risk of your sorcerors panicking off the board.

I would cut both units of marauder horse down to 5-6 with just a musician and flails, as 10 doesn't get you anything except for a very expensive CR bonus, a slightly larger resistance to panic, and some wounds.

That would be a good start. That and cutting the plaguebearers entirely, and using 1-3 units of 2-4 nurglings instead (if you want nurgle units).

Belerophon709
11-04-2008, 01:16
Yeho, unless you're referring to outnumbering, you just disappointed me with regards to the CR-bonus on the horsemen. Fast cav + rank bonus = nogo. :P

However, if you DID refer to outnumbering, I'll just have to shut my yap ;)

The Red Scourge
11-04-2008, 06:47
Yeah..

Divide up the horsemen, dump their shields and give them flails.

Also think once again about giving them champions – their traditional role is support by charging flanks.

Definitely scratch their standards. Its like handing your opponent 100 vp.

But always give them a musician.

And think about something hard hitting (Minos, Chosen Knights – a champion). Should you run into a dragon or something equally tough, nothing in your army will be able to touch it. A scratch perhaps but nothing more.

Yehoshua
11-04-2008, 11:58
Sorry to disappoint you, man, but I imagine you'd agree that there are enough rules to remember without remembering the ones that further discourage you from doing absolutely pointless things.

I'm still learning new rules every couple of weeks (I started WHFB only about 4-5 months ago). Hell, I just found out that pursuers and fleeing units ignore everything but impassable terrain (which is a bloody strange rule, to my mind, but that's also off topic).

Donga666
11-04-2008, 13:19
I keep looking at this army and I just don't get it, apart from Chariots you've managed to avoid all the really useful stuff like knights OR make the good stuff weird. The Marauders are just too big (25 max), the Marauder horsemen are FAR too big and over equiped (6 max). 240 pts on khorne hounds just seams odd, there are many things that would be better spent than that, like two more chariots or a small regiment of knights. Why plaguebearers? Why three lvl 2 wizards? Why not a lord level caster?

I just dont get it?

Help I am confused???

darkin
11-04-2008, 23:02
Lol. This list was just my attempt at creating an army that could make it to the other side of the table and not get shot to pieces. Obviously from your responses I gather that it is not a good list.

However, if I was to break te horsemen into 4 units with musc+flails and drop the sorcerer's chaos steeds, that leaves me with about 86pts. I could probably get another marauder horsemen unit for that price.

Sterling
11-04-2008, 23:24
Well if you are trying to make it across the table without getting all shot up, there are 2 better ways to do it:

switch to multiple units of knights, a single unit of furies, possibly a unit of screamers, one exalted demon & one lord on a dragon.
4 fliers, 2 causing fear and two causing terror + M7 heavily armored knights.

-or-

several beast herds (half large, half small), one furies, 3 knight units (or 3 minotaur units if you want all-beast), a beast lord, 3 sorcerors. The smaller half of the beast herds screen for the knights/minotaurs, the larger half ambush.

The army you have built would be fun to play against, but it will rarely win.