PDA

View Full Version : Recommended number of units?

jimbobodoll
11-04-2008, 15:42
Are there any general guidelines as to the number of units that should be fielded for a given points total: 1k, 2k, 3k? I understand that this would vary between armies (orcs and gobbos vs. high elves for example) but can anyone recommend to some sort of minimum count?

_Lucian_
11-04-2008, 15:49
at 2k i am for about 10 in an average army. Obviously this changes my chaos has 13, empire 14 while H/E 8 and W/E 9 and Dwarf 8

The Red Scourge
16-04-2008, 06:07
Yes. Absolutely.

If you want the initiative. Go for as few as possible.

If you doubt your army and prefer trying to counter your opponents strategy then add lots of cheap units, so you delay deploying your main force.

Two calculations for you.

Gunline: focussed on handguns (24" range). You wouldn't want the initiative, as the opposing army starts out of range, causing you to miss a turn of shooting. Except if your opponent brings lots of warmachines too, then you'll of course want to take out those first, forcing him to come to you.

Elite Cavalry list: You'll want to close in fast and get your hands (and weapons) dirty. Every turn spent out of combat is a turn wasted – and combat is the perfect shelter against shooting.