PDA

View Full Version : Challenge question

crimslain
11-04-2008, 17:17
If I accept a challenge from a character mounted on a monster, I know the monster gets to attack as well. Does the monster still get to attack if I go first and kill the character first? What Im asking is, is the mount part of the challenge, or does it end as soon as the character dies. If the mount does get to attack even after the character dies, would this mean that I am locked in the challenge till I kill the mount as well? I was always told that when a mounts character is killed they have to roll on a monster reaction chart, but this wouldnt happen if I had to kill it as part of the challenge.... Please any hlep would be greatly appreciated.

theunwantedbeing
11-04-2008, 17:21
The mount is part of the challenge, so gets to attack.
If his opponent dies, you still attack with the mount, it helps you get the full +5 overkill bonus.

You roll immediately on the monster reaction table.
Then continue unless the monsters reaction requires otherwise.

Wolfmother
11-04-2008, 17:35
the moount will just get the combat res for overkill in the challenge. the challenge lasts untill the end of the combat phase.

Festus
11-04-2008, 18:18
Hi

If his opponent dies, you still attack with the mount, it helps you get the full +5 overkill bonus...
I would not be too sure on this, depending on circumstances: The Monster has its own I step to attack if the rider and monster did not charge...

Festus

AhSmiteMe
11-04-2008, 19:12
The monster attacks the other character in the challenge aswell, for overkill bonuses

xragg
11-04-2008, 19:12
the moount will just get the combat res for overkill in the challenge. the challenge lasts untill the end of the combat phase.

While it does last the whole combat phase, when its the mounts turn to go, it will have nothing to attack as Festus points out. This is a situation where the mounted character killed the unmounted character. I am pretty sure the poster was asking when an unmounted character killed a mounted character. In this case, the mount does get to attack, and the challenge is over at the end of the phase. -last pgh of "Fight a challenge" pg 77.

][nquist0r
11-04-2008, 20:14
Round one. You kill the character in the challange and the mount attacks you back. Turn 2 the monster rolls on the reaction chart, and you are most likely still locked in combat (but challenge is over.) So if there are other creatures in base to base you can issue another challenge, or direct attacks however you want.

Falkman
11-04-2008, 21:11
Wrong ][nquist0r, the monster takes the reaction test immediately when the rider is slain, not in the next turn.