PDA

View Full Version : 1.000pts HighElves

Ptolémée
11-04-2008, 18:12
Hello everybody !
So, I have a tournament with my friends, at 1.000pts for the fun.

I don't now what army my friends use.
I hope that my list is good & fun, I want an attack list:

Heroes

Noble: Great Weapon, Armour of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix
143pts

Mage: Dispel scroll x2
140pts

Core

15 Spearmens: Full command
160pts

Specials

5 Dragon Princes
150pts

5 Shadow Warriors
80pts

Tiranoc Chariot
85pts

9 SwordMasters: Musician
141pts

Rare

RBT
100pts

3 Dispel dice + 2 Dispel scroll
3 Casting Dice
999pts

My noble with Great Weapon joins the spearmens and the mage joins the RBT.
My SwordMasters are arranged in 3-3-3 (3*3) for a best protect versus bows/handguns/crossbows and they can hide more easy :D

It's an attack list: I arranged my spearmens & Swordmasters in to center and the fast units (DP, Tiranoc chariot) in the flanks. The shadow warriors hide, and block the march moves, and the war machines.

My mage take the lore of High Magic and try to protect my Swordmasters & spearmens.

Have you got questions & tips?

:)

Malorian
11-04-2008, 18:17
I don't know if you need that much magic defense in 1000, but if you are going to keep him at least make him lvl 2 so you can use all your dice.

And swordmasters 3X3 is just plain silly...

Ptolémée
11-04-2008, 18:25
For my mage: I can drop him and take: Noble, Elve horse in armour, Heavy armor, Shield, Lance (or Halberd), Gemm of Hoeth.

For the Swordmasters, what do you prefer?

Marwynn
11-04-2008, 18:40
Hello everybody !
So, I have a tournament with my friends, at 1.000pts for the fun.

I don't now what army my friends use.
I hope that my list is good & fun, I want an attack list:

Heroes

Noble: Great Weapon, Armour of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix
143pts

Mage: Dispel scroll x2
140pts

Well the Noble's sweet as he is. I don't know if he really needs that 5+ Ward Save but it's a good combo of points.

As for the Mage... I don't think he's necessary at this points level. What I mean is as a scroll caddy. If you take, for instance, a L2 Mage and use High Magic you can expect to successfully cast Drain Magic once a turn.

That should provoke the use of his own scrolls and make his own casting that much tougher.

Core

15 Spearmens: Full command
160pts

I don't know if you need Full Command here. I'd prefer just the Standard Bearer if that.

Specials

5 Dragon Princes
150pts

Here I'd put a Standard Bearer with the Banner of Ellyrion. Get that lovely charge off through woods!

5 Shadow Warriors
80pts

Love 'em.

Tiranoc Chariot
85pts

They are nice aren't they?

9 SwordMasters: Musician
141pts

This is a bit tough... I can see getting 10 Sword Masters and going 5x2 but 9 for 3x3 is odd.

If you're doing this to make it easier to maneuver, well I can see that happening. But getting 5-7 works just as well.

Banner would also go nicely here.

Rare

RBT
100pts

3 Dispel dice + 2 Dispel scroll
3 Casting Dice
999pts

My noble with Great Weapon joins the spearmens and the mage joins the RBT.
My SwordMasters are arranged in 3-3-3 (3*3) for a best protect versus bows/handguns/crossbows and they can hide more easy :D

It's an attack list: I arranged my spearmens & Swordmasters in to center and the fast units (DP, Tiranoc chariot) in the flanks. The shadow warriors hide, and block the march moves, and the war machines.

My mage take the lore of High Magic and try to protect my Swordmasters & spearmens.

Have you got questions & tips?

:)

I don't know if you'll need to protect the Spears so much but yeah, cast that SoS on the SMs whenever you can. Much more reliable as L2.

Ptolémée
11-04-2008, 19:11
Tomorrow I play VS 1k Dwarf and I post the result :)

Other tips?

Marwynn
11-04-2008, 19:20
Cool, I wanna see how that turns out.

Ptolémée
12-04-2008, 10:09
I play at 14h30 (in France), and I think to keep the mage because I don't like make a special list for counter a special army.
And I post the result here ;)

Ptolémée
12-04-2008, 19:12
So, the party is finish, and I have win.

The noble with guardian phoenix is very very good !
The spearmens VS Dwarf warriors, it's very hard for me...Toughness4 and armor save 3+ rox !

Dragon Princes are very very good ! They are 3, they can kill 4Handgunners and pursuing !
Shadow warriors are good for "block" the war machines.
9 Swordmasters in 3*3: It's good in start, the handgunners can't kill all, and for fight I reform and charge !

I like my list, and if you have questions, I am ready !

Little Aaad
13-04-2008, 00:03
Isnt unit min 10?

Ptolémée
13-04-2008, 10:48
No, the minm is 5 for Swordmasters/White Lions/ Phoenix Guards :)