PDA

View Full Version : Bloob Knights and challenge

ChaosDanzig
12-04-2008, 19:33
In the special rules of the Blood Knights there is the Martial Honour rules which it saids:

Unless the unit has been joined by a character with an equal or higher Ld, the Kastellen must issue a challenge when possible and must answer any challenge issued by the enemy.

So my question is: If the unit is joined by a character does the Kastellan is dispensed of any challenge at all or is it the character who must issued that challenge?

SuperBeast
12-04-2008, 20:04
Nope.
The "must issue a challenge" only affects bloodknights, and ONLY comes into effect if there is no character of equal or higher leadership in the unit.

It doesn't require the character to issue a challenge in their stead.

Interpret it as the character shouting "Sod the big one, kill the little guys!"

Urgat
12-04-2008, 20:12
wait, that means if blood knights charge, say, my unit of night goblins, the castellan is forced to issue a challenge to the goblin champion? Wow, that's awesome :D

Shamfrit
12-04-2008, 20:16
wait, that means if blood knights charge, say, my unit of night goblins, the castellan is forced to issue a challenge to the goblin champion? Wow, that's awesome :D

I've just realised why my dark elf opponent (whose VC models I was using, lol) had unit champions across his entire Army...he must've known I was going to bring Blood Knights...

ChaosDanzig
13-04-2008, 04:09
wait, that means if blood knights charge, say, my unit of night goblins, the castellan is forced to issue a challenge to the goblin champion? Wow, that's awesome

Even worse, if your night goblins champion issue a challenge, one of the Blood Knights have to answer the challenge if there is no Kastellan.

Gorbad Ironclaw
13-04-2008, 05:05
Even worse, if your night goblins champion issue a challenge, one of the Blood Knights have to answer the challenge if there is no Kastellan.

Nope.
They may accept the challenge, but it's not required and they will suffer no ill effect from not doing so. They are not characters or count as characters in any way. There special rule lets them accept a challenge if they so choose, but they are not forced to have anyone eligible to answer it, an so won't suffer from not doing so either.

T10
13-04-2008, 11:21
I notice that the Blood Knights rank and file can accept challenges even if other characters are present in the combat (but not in the Blood Knight unit).

-T10