PDA

View Full Version : How do i find out how many points something is?

Warboss Morgukk
12-04-2008, 20:45
I want to make an army list, but I don't know how many points each of the models are. How am I supposed to find out?

Overt_Spy
12-04-2008, 20:45
It's in the respective army's army book.

Warboss Morgukk
12-04-2008, 20:59
It's in the respective army's army book.

Ah okay. Thanks. I'll just go take a look in my Orcs and Goblins army book then.

whilewolf
12-04-2008, 21:02
Games Workshop took the very sensible view that if anyone was thinking about starting an army and spending a couple of hundred pounds on its models it would test them first by making them by an army book before they could know which models they would need. This way they could turn away as many potential customers as possible with out having to do anything difficult like sell models to them.

Caboose123
12-04-2008, 21:17
The army books are a good place to start an army! :D

whilewolf, the books are essential really, i dont think there are any alternatives to selling the books. They contain a wealth of information, and i havent see someone turn down an army because they read the book...

SuperBeast
12-04-2008, 21:24
Games Workshop took the very sensible view that if anyone was thinking about starting an army and spending a couple of hundred pounds on its models it would test them first by making them by an army book before they could know which models they would need. This way they could turn away as many potential customers as possible with out having to do anything difficult like sell models to them.
Because allowing them to buy a couple of hundred pounds worth of stuff they won't use/need is preferable?
Or requiring them to buy a rulebook to find out the points values?
Or requiring all armies to be simultaneously revamped into a single tome?
Or, give GW staff the responsibility of determining what's in your army for you?

What a wonderfully cynical world you live in.

Darnok
12-04-2008, 21:27
Ah okay. Thanks. I'll just go take a look in my Orcs and Goblins army book then.

So you had no clue what the "points cost" elements in said army book wanted to tell you? C'mon, first of April is over... :eyebrows:

Urgat
12-04-2008, 21:33
Man, if he's just started, it's not that obvious, the profiles are full of numbers.

whilewolf
12-04-2008, 22:02
Because allowing them to buy a couple of hundred pounds worth of stuff they won't use/need is preferable?
Or requiring them to buy a rulebook to find out the points values?
Or requiring all armies to be simultaneously revamped into a single tome?
Or, give GW staff the responsibility of determining what's in your army for you?

What a wonderfully cynical world you live in.

Or they could just give strip out the pictures and fluff and give the core army building information away as a PDF file. It would have little impact on the sale of army books which would still be prized for the fluff and art and would drop a barrier to entry for anyone thinking of starting collecting.

SuperBeast
12-04-2008, 22:26
Or they could just give strip out the pictures and fluff and give the core army building information away as a PDF file. It would have little impact on the sale of army books which would still be prized for the fluff and art and would drop a barrier to entry for anyone thinking of starting collecting.

Hmmm. Emphasis mine, obviously. It would utterly remove the need to buy the army book.

Gralph!?!
12-04-2008, 22:49

so what your saying is give the army lists for free and sell pictures of the models and stories in a differant book? how is it someone can be this dumb?

giner
12-04-2008, 22:55
so what your saying is give the army lists for free and sell pictures of the models and stories in a differant book? how is it someone can be this dumb? Not as dumb as it seems, I for instance have an incredibly poor and slow printer. In addition myself and many others would prefer a nicely bound copy as well. Although it would make cheating easier.

alexh
12-04-2008, 22:56

So basically, you think GW owes you something for buying models from them.

starlight
12-04-2008, 23:36
Question answered. Thread Closed.

starlight
The Warseer Inquisition