PDA

View Full Version : thousand sons sorcerers

violenceha
13-10-2005, 06:41
what do they look like under that armour? the purpose of the rubric was to stop the mutation of the chapter. it did this with the marines that didn't have sorcerous powers, but what about the sorcerers themselves? obviously they haven't turned to automatons, so did they continue to mutate? or as punishment did tzeentch stop "gifting" them?

Nazguire
13-10-2005, 07:16
Thousand Sons Sorcerors I believe are still human and wear their mutations with pride as it says in the Index Astartes. So as such, unlike the Rubric Marines who are just a dust and a soul in the inside, they are just like other Chaos Marines, cept with a few extreme mutations which they are extremely proud of.

Centurion Cajun
13-10-2005, 07:20
Yeah, the rank and file Thousand Sons marines arn't automatons. They are simply souls completely sealed withing their armor. Thus they retain their past knowledge and such but are just almost completely impervious to damage. You would have to almost completely destroy their armor before they would be "killed."

As for the sorcerors I believe Nazguire covered it pretty well.

violenceha
13-10-2005, 07:27
Thousand Sons Sorcerors I believe are still human and wear their mutations with pride as it says in the Index Astartes. So as such, unlike the Rubric Marines who are just a dust and a soul in the inside, they are just like other Chaos Marines, cept with a few extreme mutations which they are extremely proud of.
so the sorcerers mutations were not as debilitating as those of the marines?

Nazguire
13-10-2005, 07:29
Yeah, the rank and file Thousand Sons marines arn't automatons. They are simply souls completely sealed withing their armor. Thus they retain their past knowledge and such but are just almost completely impervious to damage. You would have to almost completely destroy their armor before they would be "killed."

As for the sorcerors I believe Nazguire covered it pretty well.

The Thousand Sons Rubric Marines are automatons, it says that in their IA and Codex, however undoubtedly they still have some sort of knowledge or whatever, but are just completely subservient to the Sorcerors (who I believe had more than just the motive of 'saving' their Legion when they cast their Rubric, more to control their Legion then save it, that and/or Tzeentch interfered with the Rubric's casting)