PDA

View Full Version : VC what do you think...

soulstealer666
13-04-2008, 08:40
ok another VC army... i know just hear me out
this isnt the most fluffy army i could have come up with but it kills lots so thats fun

count
red fury
forbbined lore
lord of the dead
dread lance
flayed hauberk
talisman of protection
zombie dragon

go figure what this guy does.

vampire
dark acoltye
rod of death
biting blade

sits in skelly unit and casts stuff...

vampire
dark acoltye
book of arkhan
biting blade

same as above

20 zombies

meat sheild

20 zombies

meat sheild

20 zombies

meat sheild

19 skeletons
full command

these sit behind the zombie meat sheild

19 skeletons
full command

these sit behind the zombie meat sheild

corpes cart
bale fire

corpes cart
bale fire

these sit behind the middle unit of zomibes (see diagram below) and cast ASF

vargulf

vargulf

ussaly these will tag team heave hitter units or go off and kill war machines ect.

diagram.

key V= vargulf Z= zombies Vc= vampire count S= skeletons C= corpes carts

...V V Z Z Z Vc...
.........SCCS.......

what do you think... i know that 2 vargulfs isnt very nice but aside from that will it work

cheers

soulstealer

DarkSpawnie
13-04-2008, 12:59
*shakes fist* way to steal my idea before I can post it. :p

Its a pretty nice list although I don't see much point in the forbidden lore or lord of the dead unless your planning on making your army as you fight, if I were you I would replace both for Hunter in the Dark and Supernatural Horror.

soulstealer666
13-04-2008, 21:12
thanks for the reply

lol sorry it must have been good if we both had the same idea...

hunter in the dark makes you scout, dont you need to be on foot though... atm i dont have the book on me

and supernatural horror make you cause terror which the dragon does very nicely, did you mean some other items...

cheers

soulstealer

DarkSpawnie
13-04-2008, 23:06
oh right... errr... I knew that *shifty eyes* was just trying to find something that replaced them but then again I suppose they could be handy at times.

Spirit
14-04-2008, 00:38
I would not take the dreadlance, just take lore of fire or beasts and cast the sword of nastyness or the bears anger on the vamp, makes him even better in combat.

That way you could take a 3+ ward save from shooting, because at them moment, your enemy is getting one or 2 rounds of shooting at a large target, your lord only has 3 wounds, one lucky cannonball and you can give up right there. (i know he has a 6+ ward save, but i dont rate them)

If you were really smart, just give him the 10pt flaming lance, and infinate hatred, instead of the dreadlance and forbidden lore. This way your dragon and his 5 (?) attacks at WS6 gets hatred (all mounts get hatred, frenzy ect aswell) if you think about it, for 50 points less (65 if you count the vampire power) you will do pretty much the same damage, but can give your vamp the all important ward save.

4 auto hits and 4 attacks hitting on 3's with re-rolls, will normally do just about the same, but you get re-rolls on the dragon aswell!!

Also, get the helm of command in there! on a thrall you can make your always strike first zombies hit on a 3+, which will make all the differance, and the enemy hits back on 4+, which again, stops you losing combats.

Id also find a way to get 6 black knights, with no upgrades, running them down a flank into some woods causes massive problems for your opponent, for 144 points..

Edit: and from my 10 or so games in the new book, you do not need a musician with your skellies, gives you 8 points!)

Avaron
14-04-2008, 01:28
infinite hatred and lore so you can get the fire lore for the sword.

now 5 attacks hitting on 2's wounding on 2's (as your up to strenght 8) and unsaved wounds (which they are saveing at a -5) give you extra attacks

Bob the Butcher
14-04-2008, 03:28
No ethereals thats what my ogres like to see!

soulstealer666
14-04-2008, 06:13
firstly thanks for all of your replys and keep them comming

infinite hatred and lore so you can get the fire lore for the sword.

now 5 attacks hitting on 2's wounding on 2's (as your up to strenght 8) and unsaved wounds (which they are saveing at a -5) give you extra attacks

i normaly run my count with the vamp lore so he gets van hels 1st turn charge is soo much fun...

from whats being said would this be a better build for my count ill get on to the rest of the army when i have more time

count
lv 3
infinte hatred
lore
balefire spike
3+ward
2+as
dragon

total of 655 pnts

the other idea i was thinking of taking was

count
lv3
infinte hatred
dark acoltye (lv 4) hopefuly i can get the spells i want
walking death
3+ward
balefire spike
dragon

this brings him to 645pnts

this gives hime a 3+ as and a 3+ ward (from shooting)

what do you think...

cheers

soulstealer

Jack of Blades
14-04-2008, 07:02
Just had to mention it, since it seems to be a very unknown rule... you can't cast Flaming Sword of Rhuin because you can't carry two magic weapons. So as long as any magic weapon you have is there, like the Balefire Spike, you can't use the FSoR since it counts as a magic weapon. Page 121.

Bear's Angel can only be cast on models with US1.

And I agree, the Dreadlance is better on a Hellsteed/Nightmare mounted Character. I'd go for the Balefire Spike, Infinite Hatred, Red Fury, Walking Death + magic item goodies otherwise.

soulstealer666
14-04-2008, 09:41
right after much consideration of all the posts here and elsewhere i would like you to reveiw this list below

count @ 720
lv3
redfury
infinte hatred
walking death
balefire spike
2+as
3+ward
book of arkhan
dragon

vampire 190
dark acolyte
rod of death

vampire 180
dark acolyte
helm of comandment

19 skeltons 160
standard

19 skeleton 160
standard

20 zombies 80

20 zombies 80

20 zombies 80

corpses cart 100
bale fire

6 black knights 144

vargulf 175

vargulf 175

9 pd and 6 dd

the only thing im mildly concerend about is the lack of dispell scrolls but with the magic items on the caracters it seams rather impossible to take them any ideas if i even need them

so how dose this float with the lords of warseer

cheers

soulstealer

Ettercap_DMW
14-04-2008, 13:32
If you want a scroll or two, drop the helm of commandment to fit it in. Honestly, with three units of zombies infront of your main force, it wouldn't be absolutely necessary as they are cheap and easy to bring back.

Spirit
14-04-2008, 18:55
I have never needed scrolls as vampires to be honest. Carefull use of your dice will be enough.

Scooner
27-04-2008, 21:40
definite a starter for ten 2k list.

for the lord i would keep with forbidden lore, red fury, flayed hauberk, hand of dust and talisman of protection whilst making him level 3. ca even put him on dragon or abysel terror.

i would as well make 3 units of zombies with 3 carts.
also having necros in 2 of the carts, use the first 2 turns building the zmbie units up then release the meat shield.

using the knights and vargulfs as slaughtermasters with the lord.

a fun but tricky list