PDA

View Full Version : What bits do you need the most? Which are hardest to find?

kkoene
13-04-2008, 16:54
Now that GW no longer offers bits, I was wondering what people find themselves looking for the most? Which bits are "hardest" to find, or, when you do find them, what ones are almost too expensive to warrant buying? Also, do people now look for full sprues compared to individual bits?

Just some curiosity and an attempt to start some good discussions!

I personally, have a hard time finding newly released bits. (VC, WE, bits come to mind)

And bits from LE models. (I know, I know, :wtf: would I want with just a piece of a LE model) You never know when a conversion inspiration will hit!

Mad Doc Grotsnik
13-04-2008, 17:00
They do still offer bits, it;s just at a lot rather than individual.

kkoene
13-04-2008, 17:34
They do still offer bits, it;s just at a lot rather than individual.

They do? Is there a catalog I have to get? The online store doesn't offer much.

sigur
13-04-2008, 18:33
Here you go. (http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/download.htm?/shopping/assets/Bitz-2008.pdf):)

kkoene
13-04-2008, 23:05
Here you go. (http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/download.htm?/shopping/assets/Bitz-2008.pdf):)

Thanks, however that seems geared towards those of you that think football is only played with your foot. There isn't much of a bits service for those of us who think football should be played while wearing space age plastic armor! :D

Plus this list pales in comparison to the old line of bitz you could get from GW in previous years.

DontMessWithHashut
13-04-2008, 23:11
I understand GW removed bits to make it easier for them and save a buck, but it would be cool if they at least offered individual sprues to purchase...

TheDarkDuke
14-04-2008, 02:41
In regards to Fantasy, I have never ever needed bits, all my options are represented, and if I want to do conversions I am A) given more then enough extra bits or B) Will need a whole box from another race anyways.

Bits (as in needing multiple same single bit) IMO are a 40k thing, not a fantasy thing. I have only ever seen one person, or 1 conversion of an army that required any bit order, and that was a Dark Elf army that used the Slannesh Mounted Lord Head on his units. (The Roman-esq one)

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
14-04-2008, 06:07
In regards to Fantasy, I have never ever needed bits, all my options are represented, and if I want to do conversions I am A) given more then enough extra bits or B) Will need a whole box from another race anyways.

Bits (as in needing multiple same single bit) IMO are a 40k thing, not a fantasy thing. I have only ever seen one person, or 1 conversion of an army that required any bit order, and that was a Dark Elf army that used the Slannesh Mounted Lord Head on his units. (The Roman-esq one)

Well I think that you're limiting yourself! There's plenty that can switch back and forth... but maybe I'm just spoiled because I play Orcs and Goblins. I made a converted cannon with a goblin crew from the 40K range that I enjoy immensely. If there was ONE thing I could ask GW to do, it would be to bring back the bits system they used to have.

IronBrother
14-04-2008, 06:38
Supposedly, soon that will be back. Just simplified with an in-store computer that all customers can use to order bitz. From what I have been told, it is going to be a lot closer to what it used to be, than what it is now. But as all things you hear from a blackshirt, take it with a grain of salt.