PDA

View Full Version : I ask this of my 40k brethren as well...Biggest problem with acquiring bits?

kkoene
13-04-2008, 16:59
I had posted this over in the fantasy section as well to see if there is a difference between fantasy and 40k players experiences.

Now that GW no longer offers bits, I was wondering what people find themselves looking for the most? Which bits are "hardest" to find, or, when you do find them, what ones are almost too expensive to warrant buying? Also, do people now look for full sprues compared to individual bits?

Just some curiosity and an attempt to start some good discussions!

I personally, have a hard time finding newly released bits. (Orks, and new chaos SM bits come to mind)

And bits from LE models. (I know, I know, :wtf: would I want with just a piece of a LE model) You never know when a conversion inspiration will hit!

Killgore
13-04-2008, 17:31
im incredably annoyed that i cant purchase aspect warrior exarchs seperatly

buzz631
13-04-2008, 17:34
i must admit it is a pain, even certain blister packs cant be purchased

Draconian77
13-04-2008, 17:36
Harpie wings, now I have to but whole Harpies. My Dark Elves don't even use Harpies, grrr...

alexh
13-04-2008, 17:54
Harpie wings, now I have to but whole Harpies. My Dark Elves don't even use Harpies, grrr...

I would suggest you go back and check the recently updated bitz catalogue on the GW site.

Tonberry
13-04-2008, 18:03
Plastic dragon wings have thus far proved impossible for me to aquire.

Spacker
13-04-2008, 18:57
Plastic dragon wings have thus far proved impossible for me to aquire.

There's a wide a range of wings in the new bits catalogue - unfortunately those wings are in there yet. I have a spare set myself that I never used for a DP conversion, I may well pick up the plastic Balrog wings (they are in the bits catalogue) and sell/trade the dragon wings.

Inquis. Jaeger
13-04-2008, 19:10
I've come to the conclusion that unless a bit I want is in the new (rubbish, poorly thought-out, useless and limiting) bitz catalogue or widely available on ebay, all the rest of my armies from now on with be made up in the vast majority of plastic bits. These are readily available from a wide variety of stores online. I've recently used bitsandkits.com, wookiehole.com and BWB at thewarstore.com along with a few sellers on ebay, where you can quite often pick up a bargain by bidding on auction items instead of 'buying it now'

Captain Micha
14-04-2008, 00:55
No more old daemonettes.... and everytime I've checked ebay no one's selling any either.

Foolish Mortal
14-04-2008, 14:08
Extra sponsons for Baneblades.

I understand that GW are supposed to be bringing out a sprue with them on later in the year (YAY!! - what took so *******' long??).

It's not as if the Baneblade is exactly a new kit any more, and all the online bits stores i've tried either never have them, or charge stupidly high prices.