PDA

View Full Version : The Mace of Helstrum

londo
13-04-2008, 17:07
Hi,
on the item mentioned above, description states that i can forfeit all my standard attacks and make one with str 10 and causing d6 wounds.
My question is if i do that in battle with unit of few models- 1 wound each, infantry for example, and roll 4 on d6 to wounds - do i kill one model only or four?
Thank you

2d6
13-04-2008, 17:21
Hi,
on the item mentioned above, description states that i can forfeit all my standard attacks and make one with str 10 and causing d6 wounds.
My question is if i do that in battle with unit of few models- 1 wound each, infantry for example, and roll 4 on d6 to wounds - do i kill one model only or four?
Thank you

You kill one model, you need multiple hits to kill multiple models, multi wound only ever affects the target of the attack.

Caboose123
13-04-2008, 19:59
If your in a challenge they will count for overkill though. (I think...)

HellRaid
14-04-2008, 00:46
If your in a challenge they will count for overkill though. (I think...)

That's right.

So up to +6 CR total (1 Wound +5 Overkill) in a challenge.

Gorbad Ironclaw
14-04-2008, 03:17
If you are fighting a 1 wound champion. Occasionally there are models involved with more than one wound, and then overkill can go higher ;)

Caboose123
14-04-2008, 16:50
Mace of Helstrum=Easy Combat Resolution?

_Lucian_
14-04-2008, 22:03
You only have 1 attack, so you have to hit and then not role a 1. Not easy, more risky just for CR

Belerophon709
14-04-2008, 22:34
The Mace of Helstrum is for playing other Empire players.
Charge his Steam Tank, autohit, wound on 2s, D6 wounds, crippled STank.

logan054
14-04-2008, 22:35
its pretty rubbish to be fair, its great for for seige games, steam tanks and maybe treemen, i personally think a great weapon is better, its only ever gona kill one model a turn as wounds from multi wound weapons dont carry over.

alextroy
15-04-2008, 00:45
I wouldn't call it rubbish. It's just an item for specialized usage. It would be much better then a Great Weapon against Dragon, tough heroes without Ward Saves, Treeman (Ancient and mundane), and Chariots.

theunwantedbeing
15-04-2008, 00:53
Hatred or re-rolls of some sort are useful with it.
You'll want them with only 1 attack.
You can give it to a warrior priest(the lord type one) right?
He gets hatred so it'll be fairly useful then.

Heck, give it to a mage lord.
He only has 1 attack anyway.
*famous last words*
"your wussy mage doesnt stand a chance against me!"

Makaber
15-04-2008, 01:17
The lord type Warrior Priest is called an Arch Lector and packs two attacks. It still seems the weapon is tailor made for him. A Mage Lord would be fun for a laugh, but I don't think it would be very effective. The Mage has very little in way of protection, and so should stay as far from combat as possible. Also, once he'd get stuck in combat, he'd be likely to die before he'd get a chance to use the Mace. An Arch Lector on the other hand, has access to all kinds of nifty armour, and you still only miss out on one attack by picking up the Mace.

logan054
15-04-2008, 07:52
I wouldn't call it rubbish. It's just an item for specialized usage. It would be much better then a Great Weapon against Dragon, tough heroes without Ward Saves, Treeman (Ancient and mundane), and Chariots.

yeah, guess you didnt read the part of my reply that mentioned treemen then :rolleyes: Personally im not a fan of weapon thats have limited used, even more so when they cost arounf 40pts, off course i said generally a great weapon is it has broader scope of use ;)

_Lucian_
15-04-2008, 13:03
the mace is 60points, and even arch lectors are only ws4, so even with a re-roll its no garuntee