PDA

View Full Version : King of dead

Necron god
13-04-2008, 18:01
Can you have more then 1 king if dead in a army? like you can have more then 1 kings of men

catsrule23
13-04-2008, 18:29
i dotn think you can as there is only one king of the dead, whereas there are numerous kings of men

Xerseth
13-04-2008, 20:08
But there is really only one Spider Queen as well. So if you want to be an complete ass, I think you can use that as an argument for using two kings of the dead. But personlly I wouldn't use more then 1 of either of them. As I at least see them as named characters and you can only have one of them apiece.

Baggers
14-04-2008, 10:27
No its a named character, therefore you can only have one. Just like you can't take King Aragorn and Stirder.

battle captain corpus
14-04-2008, 11:02
No its a named character, therefore you can only have one. Just like you can't take King Aragorn and Stirder.

Precisely, his name is King of the Dead. Try playing the trick of using more thanm one may result in unhappy opponents...thats if they'll play you...because its cheating...simple...

Necron god
14-04-2008, 15:08
kk thanks for help, I am yet to buy and any of the dead, but I am thinking of them or rangers

battle captain corpus
14-04-2008, 17:09
kk thanks for help, I am yet to buy and any of the dead, but I am thinking of them or rangers

Well theres quite a difference...Rangers (depending on wich region of Middle Earth they herald from) are more skirmishing troops. With a good fight and fairly good defence they can hold their own over other skirmishers, but against heavy infantry (Uruks etc), they can be cut down. They are better empolyed as harrassers, using their bow skills to dwindle flanks and kebab trolls with.
Army of the Dead on the other hand are more shock troops, designed to stop your opponent fats in his tracks and start forcing him to make courage tests to fight you.
Why not just use both? You can you know!

Necron god
15-04-2008, 18:20
I use gondor the tower of somthing one lol, it can ally with the army of dead and the rangers (gondor ones) but the army of dead and rangers cant ally so I cant take them both.....can I?

Baggers
15-04-2008, 20:06
I would say you can ally with both the Ranger list and the Dead list, as the Legions book does not say that you can't.

Necron god
15-04-2008, 20:29
I would say you can ally with both the Ranger list and the Dead list, as the Legions book does not say that you can't.

well I know I will be allying with both :D

yabbadabba
16-04-2008, 17:52

Isn't that like saying my Terminator Captain can take a venom canon, as the codex does not say that you can't?

battle captain corpus
16-04-2008, 19:54
I use gondor the tower of somthing one lol, it can ally with the army of dead and the rangers (gondor ones) but the army of dead and rangers cant ally so I cant take them both.....can I?

Gondor in Flames expansion book. Both Rangers of Gondor, King of the Dead and army of the Dead can be taken in Defenders of Gondor. All you do is combine two armies from said book et voila. ;)

lorelorn
18-04-2008, 09:17

The Tower of Ecthelion and the Dead of Dunharrow can ally. If you want Rangers you can take the Grey Company with both lists.

Necron god
18-04-2008, 19:38
thanks people