PDA

View Full Version : Arrgh!!!! ebay did it to me again

max the dog
13-04-2008, 22:20
Time for some group counseling here guys, I just bought some stuff on ebay that I had absolutely no intention of using. A set of EPIC sprue's for both space marines and orks.
It started with a "hey this looks pretty neat" and then the next thing you know I'm bidding and days later nobody is outbidding me. A week later and I have 2 epic armies. While on one hand I'm sort of pleased with myself getting 2 starter armies for less than $10 I'm also ticked at myself for buying my way into another game I'll rarely if ever play.

Who else has bought something on ebay only to regret it later?

starlight
13-04-2008, 22:23
Only the stuff that never shipped. :(

About those armies? Care to pass on the great deals? Especially that Ork Army....?

Deamon-forge
13-04-2008, 23:02
iv brought a few things of ebay, one being a old ork and SM epic force. worst thing i think was some FW bits Elysians, i just wanted to out bid the other bidder, and i think i could of got the bits new from FW a lot cheaper. Also a some ltd ed models, (traded them on now)

GraemePaul
13-04-2008, 23:19
Well I got a bargain today. 4 New Epic Landraiders from Ebay for 5 inc P&P!

When using ebay I only buy things I specifically need and will keep an eye out for them, A good example of this is a complete copy of Epic 40K (Buildings still on the Sprues) which I have picked up for 22 inc P&P!

Also I generally make my bid the maximum I am prepared to pay. If I get outbid its a case of 'better luck next time'.

Patriarch
13-04-2008, 23:55
See it as your first step into a better game!

Hicks
14-04-2008, 00:10
I have a DKoK commander I intended to use a as HSO for my steel legion. I'm not sure I'll ever use him though, I prefer converting my own general from an officer.

I also have a couple spare spyrers for necromunda, 8 is just too many when they cost so many points.

max the dog
14-04-2008, 02:42
I just liked the space marine models a bit and had a bid on one of the sellers other auctions and I figured, "what the heck". Kind of stupid of me I suppose. I'm sort of big on bidding on multiple auctions from the same seller. Combining shipping charges from multiple auctions can save a lot of money per auction but now I'm into a new game.

grickherder
14-04-2008, 03:00
Epic is awesome. It's fate. Abandon your other projects and make both Epic armies.

Rick_1138
14-04-2008, 08:22
I bought a box set of original metal terminators, still with polystyrene insert and original box in very good nick.

They are nice and all, its just getting round to painting them up.

it went on the pile of "To Do" stuff.....sigh

rev
14-04-2008, 08:37
lol me too -

have bought LE minis for over teh odds prices in the past, locked into bidding wars :(

Jedi152
14-04-2008, 08:48
I'm actually very restrained on eBay, i try not to get into bidding wars or anything...

Chaos and Evil
14-04-2008, 10:03
Epic is freaking sweet... as said above, it's fate; You're about to discover GW's most challenging game system!

pookie
14-04-2008, 11:32
the 200 i just blew on RT Era Guard !

Souleater
14-04-2008, 11:37
Spent about 180 on Eldar - got some really great deals like boxed Reapers for 6 inc postage.

Following week my bike got nicked. Darn, could have used the cash.

And then went off Eldar and started thinking about orks.

Sleazy
14-04-2008, 18:33
I'm terrible when I start looking at ebay, usually a few days before payday I start bidding and end up having to send half my wages via paypal. I have boxes of intended projects, y'know what? I'll probably do the same this week too.

Killgore
14-04-2008, 19:02
iv bought alot of models off ebay

i was involved in a bidding war nearly 2 years ago for a armorcast warhound titan... lost it, week latter i won another bid war for a Phantom titan... my poor wallet!

iv also purchased Steel Legion and Eldar armys as well as 13 wraithguard

i guess at the end theres always some part of you that regrets parting with cash, but on the other hand you'v got new models to play with!!!!

de Selby
14-04-2008, 20:01
I just spent 21 on some part-assembled stuff. I don't know if I regret it yet, I'll have to wait and see what state it's in :D

Frowbakk
14-04-2008, 23:51
the 200 i just blew on RT Era Guard !

Really?

How many and were they the plastics or with metal models as well?