PDA

View Full Version : Barding

Mike KK
13-04-2008, 23:27
where can i find the rules for barding, does it -1 to your move because it used to be in the old high elf book but isn't know so I'm not sure if they are mv9 DPs or MV8?

Milney
13-04-2008, 23:43
where can i find the rules for barding, does it -1 to your move because it used to be in the old high elf book but isn't know so I'm not sure if they are mv9 DPs or MV8?

Page 12 of the BRB.

"A cavalry mount with barding suffers a -1" move penalty."

Whether the Dragon Princes have thier own rule which negates this I don't know, but that's the rule for barding.

Bob the Butcher
14-04-2008, 04:01
I'm pretty sure the Elvish cavalry (including Dragon princes) all move 16"s now when charging & marching.

Dalhara
14-04-2008, 18:33
yep, unfortunately we lost our ithilmar barding from last edition, and the book is slightly miss-leading the way they lay out the mounted units in the details. they are listed as barded elven steeds but then they give you the regular unbarded elven steed entry in the profile. Think quite a few people would have missed the change at first.

based on the mount entry ya gotta knock off the 1" from the base movement of an elven steed. kind of a shame, gonna miss those insane charge distances with the DP :p

Mike KK
14-04-2008, 20:43
:( ye that was my train of thought because it says 9 in the stat line