PDA

View Full Version : Chaos on the cheap

khorgor
13-10-2005, 13:18
Every now and again I look towards chaos and have a play with the army lists. One day I tried to make a feasible army that would be quite cheap money wise but would be deadly on the battle field. So here it is:

Exalted Chaos Sorcerer - Level 4, power familiar, dispel scroll
3 chaos sorcerers - level 2
3 units of 12 chaos warriors - full command, tzeentch
12 chosen warriors - full command, tzeentch
5 chosen knights - full command, tzeentch

and thats it. for the statitians:
Power dice: 18
Dispel pool: 8
no. of models: 57
composition: hero) 35% core)64%

any comments would be highly appreciated

T10
13-10-2005, 13:36
Wow. All magic and no fighter-type heroes.

As a starting-point for a chaos army I would suggest setting your sights a bit lower, say 1000 points.

That way you get to paint up a core section of an army and can through experience learn what works and what doesn't. Quicker to paint too, for obvious reasons.

Otherwise, if you go for this, then I hope you like Chaos Warriors. If you find you need to expand to Marauders, Daemons or Beastmen then at least some of those warriors are going to end up collecting dust.

-T10

nurgle_boy
13-10-2005, 18:20
err, just take tzeench heros and a lord on a dragon with golden eye and the staff. because thats fun to play against :rolleyes:

khorgor
14-10-2005, 16:11
err, just take tzeench heros and a lord on a dragon with golden eye and the staff. because thats fun to play against :rolleyes:

Just looked up that combo.

3+ ward save for a dragon??? eeesh - thats horrible.

and as for the warriors: I love massed units of armoured troops. A love grown from lizzies with mark of quetzl.

and tzeentch heroes are too expensive btw. with normal sorcerers, I can take more warriors and give myself a nice hard core to fall back upon when magic goes wrong.