PDA

View Full Version : Nuglings per 'lesser daemon' base?

dugaal
14-04-2008, 08:34
Hey Oh... so Im taking the potential scraps of my Nurgle CSM and working a 1k army from them;
Ive got a few nurglings, and considering the only avaliable entry is 'lesser daemons' do you think sticking maybe 3 nurglings on a 1-inch base (square) is enough for that? or should I be expected to fill a 1.5 inch base per model?

Bloodknight
14-04-2008, 09:01
I guess one or two are enough.

AmKhaibitu
14-04-2008, 10:59
well since lesser demons only have 1 wound, and nurgling bases used to have more (around 3ish) why would you put more than 1 on a lesser demon base?

The stats match up quite nicely otherwise (ok so the weaponskill maybe not, but beyond that who cares). What better way to get a lot of lesser demons. :D

Engekomkommer
14-04-2008, 11:06
Split on nurgling base over 3 round bases (which would be 2/3 in my case if I choose to do this).
I've got 10 (Or more, can't remember) plaguebearers so *if* I wanted more then that, I'd just use the bases as they are (Got 5 in total, so thats another 5 lesser daemons).
Imo it's better to that then break up the bases you have now... incase you end up buying codex: Daemons as they have an entry in that.

Filthy O'Bedlam
14-04-2008, 11:31
I would stick with the three Nurglings per base rule. You can mix it up with two on some and four on others, but 3 should be the average. As much as I love Nurglings, less than that feels a little underpowered. I just don't believe one Nurgling could represent that stat-line, while three Nurglings would have no problem doing it.

Cheers, Filthy

Maxis Lithium
14-04-2008, 12:16
Well, I put 3 'things; on my Nurgling bases. Usually, I add in rats from Skavin, Old spiders from back in the late 80's and a bunch of other random things. Zombie bits work well too. I like to mix it up, and make a pack of Nurglings go further. I make sure I have atleast 1 real Nurgling on each base.

dugaal
14-04-2008, 17:06
Thanks for the replies; as mentioned Im using the infantry 1-inch bases, so of course the full load is too much, as they are with 3 its decently cramped.
One nurgling seems a bit underwhelming though, (when some of his compadres are bearers)
But Im glad I shouldn't be expected to put down monster bases for each one, as this way I can get more bang for my buck.

Maxis you've given me ideas... considering 2 of my bearers have conversions I should mix in some other beasties onto the nurgling bases to create more of em