PDA

View Full Version : The hammer of Sigismund (2000)

blurred
14-04-2008, 16:49
Hi all,

So my friend told me he has always wanted to do an army with a huge unit of knights. Although I immediately bashed his idea, he sent me a list which is actually pretty scary IMO. So here goes:

The hammer of Sigismund

Grand master
- Lance and shield
- Dawn armour
- White cloak

Captain
- BSB
- Barded warhorse
- Full plate armour
- Banner of Sigismund

Battle wizard
- 2 level
- Rod of power

Battle wizard
- 2 level
- 2*Dispel scroll

18*Knightly orders
- Full command
- Inner circle
- Standard of arcane warding

10*Handgunners

10*Handgunners

5*Knightly orders
- Musician

5*Knightly orders
- Musician

8*Pistoliers
- Musician

Great cannon

Great cannon

I'd probably switch the white cloak to Icon of Magnus so fear is not a problem, but otherwise it looks quite playable. Of course this is made with 'tongue in cheek' style, but a competent player could really make a mash out of opponents with this list. Or what do you think? :)

andy10k
14-04-2008, 17:24
The Grand Master and any unit he joins is immune to psychology anyway, so no need for icon of the magnus.

Not a bad list though, a big unit of stubborn immune to psychology knights would be nasty to face, tempting to take Kurt Helborg instead of that Grand Master though, for extra killy power.

Not what i would take to a tournament mind, but still pretty daunting at first site.

blurred
14-04-2008, 18:52
The Grand Master and any unit he joins is immune to psychology anyway, so no need for icon of the magnus.

I know, but the icon would prevent autobreaking.

Not what i would take to a tournament mind, but still pretty daunting at first site.

My thoughts exactly. :)