PDA

View Full Version : Mont' ta army

Burning Star IV
14-04-2008, 18:57
So I've been playing Tau for a few years now. They were actually my first army, and I'm ready to revamp the force a little. Besides changing the paint scheme, I want the fluff behind them to be sorta backwater and having reverted to the mont 'ta. I plan on representing this in a fairly subtle way, basically the HQ will have banners and decorations, the vehicles will have kill markings, squad leaders will be adorned with symbols of their status and will have and ostentatious sort of twist on the regular paint scheme (all examples of glorifying the self instead of the empire)

Basically I want to know if anyone has thoughts on other ways to represent this in the army. I think what I have might be sufficient, but it still may be a little too subtle. Not sure. I would appreciate some more insight on the matter.

Just for the record, these aren't necessarily rebels against the empire, just backwards. No, they aren't chaos Tau either, put down the torches and pitchforks.

Grimtuff
14-04-2008, 19:02
Erm, so you basically want Farsight's army?

Burning Star IV
14-04-2008, 19:08
No, but I do want something very similar. I don't like the paint scheme for the enclave. This will actually be a force from N'dras, one of the more ominous Tau septs, and I plan on tying in the little bit of fluff concerning it with this army.

Visionary
14-04-2008, 19:35
Well you could have crisis suits with wires hanging out the weapons as they have tried to make themselves as good as the rest of the empire without professional earth caste help.
I'd avoid trophy racks of skulls and stick to kill counts as you said and just to say it I seem to have an image of a hammerhead driver smoking a cigar.

Draconian77
14-04-2008, 19:49
Well you could incorperate the idea into a subtle paint scheme. HQ's get golden details, squad leaders get silver details and the rest get bronze details.

Sounds like a fantastic army to look at.

You could also use scavenged bits of Imperial equipment on your Crisis suits and tanks. I could see these sort of Tau using "the enemies" unreliable but undeniably destructive weaponry if left with few other options.

Still, subtle is good and my ideas are not really developed.

Bregalad
14-04-2008, 20:00
I do not understand what exactly you want.
Mont'ta means "War Soul". Do you mean that they are fully Mont'au, that is crazy as in the bloody age of Tau civil war (I wouldn't suggest that)?
What should be different from the Farsight enclave except the painting scheme?
How about a feral Tau sept like D'yanoi?
Or what is your fluff for the mysterious N'dras?

VikingThor
15-04-2008, 17:52
I like the idea a lot. Simply made, just a Tau army with no ethereals. But the paint scheme you suggests is really cool. Without Ethereals to brainwash them towards the common good, these warriors succumb to individual martial pride. I like it.