PDA

View Full Version : Hail of Doom and BSB

SkawtheFalconer
14-04-2008, 20:47
I can only apologise profusely if this has been settled before - I did a cursory search for threads using the tool, but couldn't find anything relevant.

Can a Wood Elf BSB fire a Hail of Doom Arrow? I've seen many answers to this, and I'm hoping there's a definitive one somewhere.

- The BSB loses his bow when he is given the BSB upgrade.
- A friend of mine at my local gaming club claims he can then buy a magic bow (the 10 point one that lets you reroll misses) with which to fire the HOD, so long as he doesn't have a magic banner.
- I, however, was under the impression that (probably due to poor wording) you don't actually need a bow to fire the HOD. Paradoxical as that might sound, I always believed it to be the case.

Any thoughts? If anyone can direct me to a definitive answer I'd be very grateful.

theunwantedbeing
14-04-2008, 20:59
If you give him the hail of doom arrow...he cant fire it as he doesnt have a bow.
But your free to give him a magical bow to fire it with.

Malorian
14-04-2008, 21:05
The hail of doom says you can't fire it with a magical bow.

Reinnon
14-04-2008, 21:21
The hail of doom says you can't fire it with a magical bow.

not precisely, it says the special rules for the bow are ignored for the shot - it doesn't say you can't use the bow to fire it

Lord Dan
14-04-2008, 21:22
And to clarify your paradoxical reasoning, yes, you need a bow to fire it. It's an arrow- not a panzerfaust.

Atrahasis
14-04-2008, 22:49
The previous version of the HoDA came with a bow itself, which is probably where the confusion lies.

In its current incarnation, you need to buy a magical bow for a bsb to use to fire it.