Core
Skeleton Warriors x25 250
Shields, Light Armour, Standard Bearer, Musician

Skeleton Warriors x9 72
Bows,

Special
Chariots x3 160

Tomb Scorpion 85

He is going to be playing with some bloodletters and for his HQ I think he is going to be playing with skulltaker.

Malorian
14-04-2008, 21:23
9 archers? I thought 10 was the min size?

LiMunPai
14-04-2008, 22:00
Tomb kings lists at 1000 points are hard to build because their big advantage is heavy magic that is supporting with no chance of miscast, things that get much stronger with larger armies and more spells.

At 1000 points, I think a cavalry heavy build is the strongest, to take advantage of your strong casting ability.

I'd take out those skeleton units altogether and replace them with 2 units of skeleton heavy horsemen and probably a unit of light horsemen for the hierophant to hide in. The fast movement of the cav allows you to use urgency to get in combined or flank charges much easier, and allows your priests to keep up with the chariots while staying hidden in units, giving you two or three chances at urgency on them. Consider taking the heiratic jar to give you the game breaking charge with the chariots. Smite also gets better as it effects the horses and charging spear attacks with the cavalry.

Course I've never played the tomb kings myself, so this is just theoretical, but it sounds like good advice to me;)

Edit: and a warbanner, you need a warbanner

Kissaholic
14-04-2008, 22:13
9 archers? I thought 10 was the min size?
I needed to take out some points and I wasnt paying attention so do you think I should take the skellie warriors out or the archers?

LiMunPai
14-04-2008, 23:16
I think all the foot troops should go, since they are so hard to get across the field for shooty armies, and combat armies will mop them up. I say just cavalry and constructs at 1000 points, but that might be ill advice. Wait for a tomb kings player to come around so that you can get a better opinion.

Kissaholic
15-04-2008, 03:43
im thinking about chaning my list to something like this

Tomb Prince [108]
Light Armour
Great Weapon
Shield

Liche Priest Hierophant [135]
Cloak of the Dunes

Liche Priest [115]

19 Skeleton Warriors [181]
Light Armour
Standard

11 Skeleton Archers [88]

3 Ushabti [195]

Tomb Scorpion [85]

SSC [90]

this has alot more heavy hitters but is less maneuverable but I like it too.

LiMunPai
15-04-2008, 06:33
looks alright, the more defensive build with the SSC is a strong build as well. The tomb scorpion is much better in this list, as it will disrupt enemy war machines during your long march over to his side. I like the list.

senorcardgage
19-02-2009, 00:44
Here is my army list and Im going to be playing against Chaos Deamons of Khorne

Heroes
Liche Priest 123
Skeletal steed

Liche Priest 123
Skeletal Steed

Tomb Prince 185
Chariot, , Light Armour, Spear of Antarhak

Core
Skeleton Warriors x25 250
Shields, Light Armour, Standard Bearer, Musician

Skeleton Warriors x9 72
Bows,

Special
Chariots x3 160

Tomb Scorpion 85

He is going to be playing with some bloodletters and for his HQ I think he is going to be playing with skulltaker.

3 chariots are 120 points!!