PDA

View Full Version : Deamon vs TK

Kissaholic
14-04-2008, 20:16
Ok I play Tomb Kings and my friend is starting Chaos Deamons ( khorne ) and I was wondering what to expect from them. We plan on to make 1000 point army and then battle and I want to be prepared here (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2524152#post2524152) is the link to my army list for more information and his ( sort of ) I just want to know how the deamons of khorne play (if anyone knows how since its a new army ) . and some tips on what to be careful of.

fubukii
14-04-2008, 20:31
well his troops are imune to pysc str 5, 5+ ward higher wpn skill and will probably trash most of your units in combat, on the bright side he wont have alot of dispel dice with a pure khorne army. try to load up on it and shoot them down and outmanuever them.

Belerophon709
14-04-2008, 20:40
The bloodletters sitting on top of juggernauts actually have strength 6 even, and all his units will have killing blow and magic resistance.

I suspect most Khorne armies will be centered around a Bloodthirster running amok amongst the enemy lines while the rest of the army moves in and mops up the remains. Not an issue @ 1K-lists though.

His main weakness, when it comes to his infantry, will be his T3. He only has a 5+ ward save, so enough skeleton archers will take them down, as will the odd cc-attack if he doesn't mop up the front rank. Spears might be good here.

Just some thoughts.

logan054
14-04-2008, 21:02
Well if its centered around a BT good luck keep that hirophant (spelling) alive for more than a turn or two (well actually any character really). Still magic wont be a issue when against Khorne as it can do little against yours (cancelling out the odd spell).

Units from the sounds of it to watch out for

flesh hounds (i think they can be upgarded to kB)
Juggernaught
heralds in units (hello hatred!)

I wouldnt count on your spears doing much, your still hitting on a 5+ and he is striking first

Icarus
15-04-2008, 11:28
Playing defensively is the way to beat a Khorne army, especially as you won't be able to rely on the usual tricks like Fear and so on. You will have to out-magic and out-shoot him, and you will have to do it fast! The biggest threat you face will be his Bloodcrushers (Bloodletters on Juggernauts) as they are tough, very hard-hitting and fast! Ideally try to take these out ASAP, because if they slam into your lines you are in serious trouble!

Your second prioirty is his Flesh Hounds, not as nasty as the Bloodcrushers but still fast and dangerous so they present a problem. You need to shoot these up, as they are MR3 so theres no point trying to cast magic on them.

His Bloodletters are nasty, but much slower than the rest of the army (M5 tho so still nto exactly slow). They are only T3 however, so they are less to worry about it. You really want to charge them rather than have them charge you here however. If they charge they will cause serious damage. If you charge with something nasty (chariots!) they will almost certainly lose and then crumble due to daemonic instability.

Rely on your magic abilities. A pure Khorne army only has its basic 2 Dispel Dice, plus whatever he generates via Magic Resistance (everythign is MR1 except the MR3 hounds). He won't even have Dispel Scolls until the 2000 point level. So you can run circles round him in the magic phase. Use that to your advantage.

Gralph!?!
15-04-2008, 18:13
chariots will be pretty nifty against them as they will strike first and can cause alot of hits.

units of spearmen will be another good unit since he will not have the attacks to kill off all of the people able to attack him. using your magic to your advantage of the spell smiting since with spears you will be getting a fair few attacks with which the less he has in static combat res the more screwed khorne will be.

Kissaholic
15-04-2008, 20:10
Ok and I was thinking about slamming my skeleton units into watever and then combining it with a flank from my Tomb scorpion and I think that him loosing combat by watever is going to be a big deal cause if all works out I would get outnumber, + wounds, flanks, and all he would get would be wounds which I doubt is going to be too much and I was wondering can Deamons make a march move?

Icarus
15-04-2008, 22:18
Yep they can march, M5 so relatively fast. Also he can take an icon that means he cant be march blocked, or alternatively one that means he gets an extra D6 to his first charge move.

Gralph!?!
16-04-2008, 00:53
Ok and I was thinking about slamming my skeleton units into watever and then combining it with a flank from my Tomb scorpion and I think that him loosing combat by watever is going to be a big deal cause if all works out I would get outnumber, + wounds, flanks, and all he would get would be wounds which I doubt is going to be too much and I was wondering can Deamons make a march move?

the problem with that is that the tomb scorpion would be attacking the flank and maybe kill a few off but he can attack back and being strength 5 (maybe 6 , not sure) will mean that your gonna get hurt real bad especially since they will also have there ward save through out and skeletons are a waste as they are weapon skill 2 so will only hit on a roll of a 5+ making so that you will lose horribly. oh and the tomb scorpion is only unit strength 4 so he will not negate ranks but instead just die since skeletons will die really fast to the bloodletters.

the chariots are able to get alot of attacks that by pass the hitting which is important (you MUST charge obviously) and you can inflict lots of strength 4 hits then you get a fair few of attacks from the rest of the unit, so either way the chariots are going to be your absolute best bet for anti bloodletter defence.

Kissaholic
16-04-2008, 02:15
Whats ushabti I was thinking squeezing them in somehow

TIZNE
16-04-2008, 17:30
Do NOT accept a challenge from the skulltaker! he's got 3 attacks with killing blow that slays with 5+ if in a challenge. Also have in mind that its KB affects any model, ANY.

Good luck, and... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

can't resist :D