PDA

View Full Version : Daemons Galore

Belerophon709
14-04-2008, 21:35
The new daemons are (almost) upon us. As such, I have constructed my first list, and it looks like this:

Keeper of Secrets
-LvL 4
-Enrapturing Gaze
-Soul Hunger
-Siren Song
-Torment Blade
@650 points

Herald of Nurgle
-Palanquin
-LvL 1
-BSB
-Banner of Unholy Victory
-Noxious Vapours
-Slime Trail
@325 points

Herald of Slaanesh
-LvL 1
-Many Armed Monstrosity
@190 points

16 Plaguebearers of Nurgle
-Full Command
-Standard of Seeping Decay
@247 points

10 Daemonettes of Slaanesh
-Full Command
-Banner of Ecstacy
@175 points

10 Bloodletters of Khorne
-Full Command
-Icon of Endless War
@175 points

5 Chaos Furies
@60 points

6 Seekers of Slaanesh
-Standard
-Musician
-Siren Standard
@187 points

1 Beast of Nurgle
@100 points

2 Bloodcrushers of Khorne
@140 points

Rings in at 2249 points.

Thoughts?

crazywhiteboydance
15-04-2008, 14:12
I wouldn't bother with banners on the units of 10. You're giving away vp's with those.

oCoYoRoAoKo
15-04-2008, 14:25
remember that although you can mix and match from all of the units in the book, they still have to have synergy between them. just picking one of everything wont cut it im afraid. id do something like this (it seems from your list that you want to go slaanesh with nurgle and a splash of khorne):

Keeper of Secrets
Herald of Nurgle
Herald of Nurgle
Herald of Nurgle

Plaguebearers of Nurgle
Plaguebearers of Nurgle
Plaguebearers of Nurgle

Seekers of Slaanesh
Seekers of Slaanesh

Bloodcrushers of Khorne
Bloodcrushers of Khorne

the keeper has the speed to threaten your opp early. the bearers and the heralds form the solid core, ready for the mounted daemonettes to countercharge. the bloodcrushers give extra physical "oomph" when needed. if theres extra space, add the unit of furies for warmachine hunting.

Cy.

Belerophon709
15-04-2008, 17:25
The idea wasn't to just mix and match. The units have very specific roles and should all, if the plan works as intented, have a great synergy.

This list is all about flank denial, with a center that should be hard to fold.
The Plaguebearers with the BSB are supposed to be the anchor of the list, deployed as centrally as possible according to opponents setup, terrain and so forth. The daemonettes are there for immediate support, hovering around the flank of the plaguebearers with the added mobility of M6.
Now, if the opponent want to take on my centre, he will have to deal with one or the other (or both), and will most likely focus on the daemonette unit from the get go, since it appears to be the weaker of the two. If the opponent does and gets in a charge, he will be facing a stubborn unit (with rerollable instability test) should he win combat. And that is one of the intended roles of the unit. Tarpit, for one turn. They might even win the combat, since the herald will be dishing out 6 WS7 S4 armour-piercing attacks all on her own, with ASF, and the rest of the unit comes on top of that. If they go for the plaguebearer unit, the same is the case, only this time it's even more unlikely, and the daemonettes (and possibly something from the other flank) will be ready to countercharge.
The flank teams are divided into two. According to the situation, I may deploy as an oblique line, with the plaguebearers acting as a centrally deployed flank with ever faster units deploying on one side instead of both.

Team 1: Keeper of Secrets and Seekers.
I like the synergy here especially with the siren song of the Keeper forcing a unit into combat where the Keeper will most likely strike first, unless they flee, with the Seekers ready to pounce on the flank once they do. Also, should the enemy play the defensive game, a combined charge from the Seekers and the Keeper (from which they can't flee because of the banner), is really going to hurt.

Team 2: This consists mainly of the Bloodcrushers and the Beast of Nurgle. In unison and with the mobility of having a narrower frontage, they should work well together as tarpits, counterchargers or even shock troops. This team should then be supported by the Bloodletters, lending aid unexpectedly to a tarpit unit with it's increased charge range, should the opponent figure them too far behind to threaten their flanks.

The role(s) of the furies should be obvious.

While I like the plaguebearers, I can't say that I would ever play a list with more than one unit, as it would leave the center of the army too static, since it would suffer from having an anchor that was so heavily bogged down by M4. Hence the mixing and matching of the list, and hence the banners as well.

Hope it makes sense. If not, tell me your thoughts. Would welcome a debate on the issue.

Von Wibble
15-04-2008, 19:13
I like it - from what I've seen of the rules I think it could work. There also seems to be a clear plan, with a backup unit (bloodletters) that can act in multirole if necessary. A lot of troops nicely cover each others weaknesses too- plague beast's durability compensating for relative lack of on crushers for example.

The only thing I would question - Daemonic robes mean no better than 3+ to wound KoS? Surely there are better gifts (eg Tormentor) for the price?

Belerophon709
15-04-2008, 19:37
The Daemonic Robes are there mainly to give him a 33% chance of not being wounded by an on-target cannonball. Should he get wounded, there is also a 33% chance of passing the ward save. To me, it seems that this installment allows me to play the Keeper more aggressively, but of course, if I know I'm not playing S8 or higher capabilities, the daemonic robes are out.

However, I see your point and overall it might be a good idea to trade it in for an more useful gift overall.

I shall ponder this. Thank you for your input.

Edit: Having thought about it, I think you're right. There are better ways to spend the points in this list. Also, I had 6 points left over - why, oh why, did I not consider the Torment Blade? Stupid me.
Anyways, the OP has been edited. Added the Torment Blade and exchanged the Daemonic Robes for Soul Hunger on the Keeper (I know it's reroll to wound now), and I fixed the points. Thanks!