PDA

View Full Version : 2250 pts HE cheess? weak? any thoughts?

highway45
15-04-2008, 05:55
2250 pts High Elf Army

Heroes

Archmage (1#, 360 Pts) LEVEL 4
The Seerstaff of Saphery: Bearer may choose spells, instead of randomly selecting them.
Guardian Phoenix: 5+ Ward save.
Folariath's Robe :The wearer cannot be harmed by non-magical means for the duration of the battle. They may not attack in close combat or shoot a ranged weapon, but may cast spells if able to do so.

Noble (1#, 174 Pts) BSB
Reaver Bow : Longbow. May fire three S5 shots at the same target. This does not count as Multiple Shots.
Talisman of Protection: 6+ Ward save.

Mage (1#, 175 Pts) LEVEL 2
Dispel Scroll
Ring of Corin: Bound Spell (Power 3). Cast on a unit within 24". The owner of the unit must reveal all magic items within it, and the caster can choose one of them to nullify for the rest of the battle. One use only.

CORE:

Lothern Sea Guard (20#, 285 Pts) Full command

Lothern Sea Guard (19#, 272 Pts) Full command

SPECIAL:

Phoenix Guard (20#, 365 Pts) Full command
The Amulet of Light: All close combat attacks made by the bearer and their unit count as being Magical.[15]
War Banner +1 Combat Resolution.

Sword Masters of Hoeth (10#, 230 Pts) Full command
Banner of Sorcery High Elf player gains +D3 Power dice each Magic phase.

Ellyrian Reavers (5#, 85 Pts) fast cav spears

RARE:

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Great Eagle

Great Eagle
Total Cost:

I will deploy the LSG in 2 ranks of ten and reform as enemy closes, use eagles, and fast cav to screen and march block.

Any thoughts welcome. Is this a chess list? Is it weak? Would you be annoyed if I brought this list to a club, what about a tourney? I will sit and blast them with magic and missiles engage when I must. Try and negate any Magic weapon that can hurt my arch mage using castable Vauls Unmaking, and the ring of corin. I do see a big weakness in this army for a flying demon prince, or flying greater demon.

Roster Statistics

Casting Dice: 8

Dispel Dice: 5

General's Ld: 9

# Models: 85

Total Characters: 709.0

Total Core: 557.0

Total Magic Items: 275.0

Total Rare: 300.0

Total Special: 680.0

% Characters: 31.6

% Core: 24.8

% Magic Items: 12.2

% Rare: 13.4

% Special: 30.3

Bob the Butcher
15-04-2008, 09:52
Certainly not cheese but in my opinion to many points spent on characters and items and not enough troops.

Ptolémée
15-04-2008, 10:16
19 + 20 Lothern Sea Guards ? :P

Why don't you take 10 archers + 20-25 Spearmens (Full command of course)? I find that's better and it's just "315pts" finally...Actually, with 19 + 20 LSG with FC, you have => 557pts oO'

In special units, that's very good ! You can add a musician for your Ellyrian Reavers and add a unit of DP (5 without full command) + 5 Shaodw warrior (without champion) and other unit...White Lions or Tiranoc/Lion chariot? You have the choice !

Good luck :) If you don't understand my english, say me it !

The Black Sword
15-04-2008, 13:11
Seems to be a bit too much on not quite so effective characters, maybe drop down the archmage to a lvl 3, drop the bow from the noble and give him a great wep or a sword of might or such thing, make the lvl 2 just a scroll caddy that can cast dont both with the ring of corin.

Possibly drop the archmage altogether for a prince and drop a unit of sea guard also for spearmen?

Just my thoughts :)

highway45
16-04-2008, 05:36
19 + 20 Lothern Sea Guards ? :P

Why don't you take 10 archers + 20-25 Spearmens (Full command of course)? I find that's better and it's just "315pts" finally...Actually, with 19 + 20 LSG with FC, you have => 557pts oO'

In special units, that's very good ! You can add a musician for your Ellyrian Reavers and add a unit of DP (5 without full command) + 5 Shaodw warrior (without champion) and other unit...White Lions or Tiranoc/Lion chariot? You have the choice !

Good luck :) If you don't understand my english, say me it !

You make very good points I guess I am looking for a way to use LSG as part of a main force since I think they will be effective but are not popular. But I see what you mean about expanding my special choices, when I free up the points.

highway45
16-04-2008, 05:38
Seems to be a bit too much on not quite so effective characters, maybe drop down the archmage to a lvl 3, drop the bow from the noble and give him a great wep or a sword of might or such thing, make the lvl 2 just a scroll caddy that can cast dont both with the ring of corin.

Possibly drop the archmage altogether for a prince and drop a unit of sea guard also for spearmen?

Just my thoughts :)
He has a great wep i just left it off the list, i have gone back and forth wiht what items to give him. you might be right about the char i have had some of the same thoughts. thank you for your input