PDA

View Full Version : GWFAQ contact

koningswulf
15-04-2008, 06:24
Is there some way to get hold of any of the top GW like
Gav Thorpe or Alessio Cavatore and make them see the light in finally doing the FAQ for all those much needed new armies out there?

Has anyone a telephone nr, mail, adress, see them at works or have them as neighbours that can bring them this message AND make them post here in this forum and actullay do the FAQ!

Considering the most read thread in all WH forums is about these missings FAQ its a mystery GW doesnt already have made on. :mad:

PLEASE anyone that can contact them make them do the FAQ ASAP!

Lord Dan
15-04-2008, 06:33
I think as a community we should consolidate our funds and hire some goons to rough around some of the GW higher-ups.

Xaskus
15-04-2008, 06:53
damn straight

Insane Psychopath
15-04-2008, 07:16
If you look that the Conflict Scotland rumours (40k area) there is word that Alessio Cavatore is in charge of the FAQ project & that we can exspect to see some new once come June/July.

Also no point asking Gav T as he has left the company.

Only other thing is if there any rule question you need asap (eg for events) ask the GW event team or if none GW ask them what there call is for time being.

IP

Atrahasis
15-04-2008, 11:07
koningswulf, it's great that you're trying to get something done, but if you'd actually done any research you'd know that Allessio has been contacted repeatedly and several lists of questions have been submitted directly to him.

He has already completed FAQs for all of the races yet to receive them (except VCs, timeframe's a bit tight there) and another updated FAQ for 7th edition. They're being translated and prepared for upload by the web team. It seems that the web team are working flat out (ha!) on the site redesign and so they probably won't be available until the site relaunch, hopefully slightly sooner than IP's June/July estimate.

T10
15-04-2008, 11:25
How about writing them a letter? Hand-written with decent penmaship and correct spelling. While businesses tend to take all requests seriously, some requests are taken more serious than others.

-T10

Yehoshua
15-04-2008, 12:38
I imagine that handwritten letters would be ignored more than typewritten letters, all other things being equal.

_Lucian_
15-04-2008, 13:05
Well that depends on how neat your handwriting is, and also a typewriter :o how old school is that

Mulrak
15-04-2008, 13:17
Well that depends on how neat your handwriting is, and also a typewriter :o how old school is that

How old school is hand writing? :angel:

Griefbringer
15-04-2008, 15:23
make them post here in this forum and actullay do the FAQ!

I would think that doing the FAQs would be better than wasting their limited working time posting here.

Most of the questions on this board are relatively straightforward, and do not really necessitate a FAQ.

Greyfire
15-04-2008, 15:30
I would think that doing the FAQs would be better than wasting their limited working time posting here.
GW posts here? I've never seen them visit here. It seemed they rarely visited their own forums before they shut those down.

I'm very much looking forward to their FAQ.

Atrahasis
15-04-2008, 15:37
Gav used to post a little bit here, more so on warhammer.org.uk

Never in the rules forum though as far as I know.

koningswulf
15-04-2008, 18:51
well I understand that it has been posted towards Alessio and its stated it will come up when the site gets redone but that can take long time.
As of now no one has a clue when that might be :mad:
I was more intrested of someone actually had a contact in the GW high up that could take this question to them and make them take the finished FAQ and as well do the not done FAQ and post it in the communites that ask for them.
That really would be a big help towards the player of the game.
If they later put them all up in the offical forum the better.

Atrahasis
16-04-2008, 00:19
They will never post them on as third party site before they're published on the GW site. That would be absurd.

koningswulf
16-04-2008, 00:28
Unlikely yes but not absurd
It depends on the reason they dont post it
some claim its depending on GWs IT department and internal strife
if thats the case the people in command might very well see the
use of post it in advance on valid forums i reckon
If nothing else they might get the FAQ done and posted on the
Official site something that would be even better :)

Atrahasis
16-04-2008, 00:31
Regardless of your native tongue, I'm sure that you're aware of full stops, capital letters and commas.

koningswulf
16-04-2008, 16:34
yes Atrahasis
I just didnt know I was writing a english exam
I am pretty sure you and others could understand the text regardless

Griefbringer
16-04-2008, 20:43
I was more intrested of someone actually had a contact in the GW high up that could take this question to them and make them take the finished FAQ and as well do the not done FAQ and post it in the communites that ask for them.

A FAQ that would be published on miscellaneous forums but not on GW website? Now that would raise a whole deluge of questions about the officiality of the said FAQ.

If the website guys cannot be made to update the FAQs on website once the studio cranks them ready, there might be something to improve on the management of the website (not that having four different versions of the website in English language makes it very efficient in the first place, anyway).

To quote Seneca: "Non scholae sed vitae discimus (not for school, but for life do we learn)".

Mercules
16-04-2008, 21:14
yes Atrahasis

Under Posting Guidlines:

5) When you compose your post, then please make sure that it is easy to read, and has a good structure. A good post is quicker to work with, and deserves a good reply.

Lordmonkey
16-04-2008, 22:26

I understood you just fine, and I don't think there is anything wrong with your post style :)

With regards to the actual thread topic, and having dabbled in web development, I know that it takes a single line of code to add a link to a download to a (well structured) website. It is a 2 minute job. GW have probably spotted problems within their own gaming system(s) and aren't actually sure how to answer some of the questions put forward - excuses of "Oh, were busy revamping the website" is rubbish and should be ignored.

Griefbringer
17-04-2008, 06:36
With regards to the actual thread topic, and having dabbled in web development, I know that it takes a single line of code to add a link to a download to a (well structured) website. It is a 2 minute job.

Well, you need to upload the file to the server first, which will add a bit more time.

Actually, since GW website already has FAQs for most forces, they actually only need to replace the downloadable file with a new version.

The only problem could be if this restructuring of website involves moving the downloadable files into a new place somewhere else, in which case you need to take care of updating things twice (on the current website and on the "under development" one) - not that huge task but you just need to check that it really gets done properly.

Lordmonkey
17-04-2008, 23:59
Well, you need to upload the file to the server first, which will add a bit more time.

Actually, since GW website already has FAQs for most forces, they actually only need to replace the downloadable file with a new version.

The only problem could be if this restructuring of website involves moving the downloadable files into a new place somewhere else, in which case you need to take care of updating things twice (on the current website and on the "under development" one) - not that huge task but you just need to check that it really gets done properly.

I'm sure the FAQ will not be more than a few pages :rolleyes:

Famder
18-04-2008, 01:13
A FAQ that would be published on miscellaneous forums but not on GW website? Now that would raise a whole deluge of questions about the officiality of the said FAQ.
To solve this they could simultaneously send it to all the GW Hobby Centers and offer a copy to all Rogue Traders.